Manchester’s Changing Skyline

It could, but it’s not happening. The fan zone will be a steel and glass roof and ceiling, as shown in the PA. I’m more excited about the North stand viewing platforms. They will be something unique to The Etihad stadium and to City.

Won't be glass, it will be etfe. But the effect is the same. The noise levels are quite different.

Reactions: jrb
Won't be glass, it will be etfe. But the effect is the same. The noise levels are quite different.

Not doubting you. I’ll have a look through the PA. Unless you’ve seen it in the PA?

Just in case anybody else didn’t know what Etfe is like me.

Chemical compound.

Ethylene tetrafluoroethylene is a fluorine-based plastic. It was designed to have high corrosion resistance and strength over a wide temperature range. ETFE is a polymer and its source-based name is poly. It is also known under the DuPont brand name Tefzel and is sometimes referred to as 'Teflon Film'.

Not doubting you. I’ll have a look through the PA. Unless you’ve seen it in the PA?

Just in case anybody else didn’t know what Etfe is like me.

Chemical compound.

Ethylene tetrafluoroethylene is a fluorine-based plastic. It was designed to have high corrosion resistance and strength over a wide temperature range. ETFE is a polymer and its source-based name is poly. It is also known under the DuPont brand name Tefzel and is sometimes referred to as 'Teflon Film'.

Yeah it is down as etfe in the PA, even the way it is drawn in section. Will still be clear, probably slightly easier to keep clean. But when it rains it is a lot more dramatic.

Yeah it is down as etfe in the PA, even the way it is drawn in section. Will still be clear, probably slightly easier to keep clean. But when it rains it is a lot more dramatic.

Thanks.

Saved me a trawl through the PA.

I take it Etfe panels are a lot cheaper than glass panels, easier to install, and to maintain?

Thanks.

Saved me a trawl through the PA.

I take it Etfe panels are a lot cheaper than glass panels, easier to install, and to maintain?

And a lot lighter and less susceptible to breakage. The bayern stadium is etfe, as an example, but as a facade material, but milky rather than clear (with l.e.d for effect etc)

And a lot lighter and less susceptible to breakage. The bayern stadium is etfe, as an example, but as a facade material, but milky rather than clear (with l.e.d for effect etc)

Do you know of any buildings in the city centre that are fitted with Etfe panels? When I’m next in the city centre doing a construction roundup I might be able to get some pictures. Not that there aren’t loads of Etfe panel pictures on Google.

Do you know of any buildings in the city centre that are fitted with Etfe panels? When I’m next in the city centre doing a construction roundup I might be able to get some pictures. Not that there aren’t loads of Etfe panel pictures on Google.

Found a building. Moved the conversation to the North stand thread. :-)

Victoria Station is probably your best bet.

Obvious one....Victoria train station....its failed a few times, not considered a great success.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.