Manu Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has he been injured, or is he just not getting picked full stop?

A few of these loans don't seem to be working out - it's the same with Jack Byrne at Blackburn where his career has completely stalled. We should be able to call them back and send them elsewhere if they're not getting any game time.

Has he been injured, or is he just not getting picked full stop?

A few of these loans don't seem to be working out - it's the same with Jack Byrne at Blackburn where his career has completely stalled. We should be able to call them back and send them elsewhere if they're not getting any game time.

He actually signed on loan their 2nd team. It's a very odd one this. I was kinda of the opinion that Manu had dropped down the pecking order a bit last year, despite MP liking him, because he wasn't showing enough in u18s and EDS teams, having little impact. Still very highly rated, but wasn't as confident as I was 12 months ago as he didn't seem to be having an influence in games.

Now it looks like he went on loan to Alaves' second team with a view to getting in the first. I do actually wonder if it was because he might simply not get games at EDS level too. He actually dropped behind Brahim in the u18s last year, despite being two years older, and seeing as all of last season's u18s are now this year's EDS it might've meant Garcia found himself sat on the bench a lot in the EDS! Which would've been weird....if he did indeed stay and played instead then he could've been stopping Brahim getting games. It's a tough one, hence why he went to another club's 2nd team imo. They play in the 3rd tier over there. Not sure if he's been playing or not though but the idea is defo for him to start with the reserves and force his way in eventually.

The Jack Byrne thing is a shame, but the problem we've got now is we can't recall. They've changed the loan system this year so its either transfer window to window or season long and nowt else. He's gone on a season long and probably isn't coming back. This is why you never loan to the Championship - its a horrible league full of dated, horrible managers.

He actually signed on loan their 2nd team. It's a very odd one this. I was kinda of the opinion that Manu had dropped down the pecking order a bit last year, despite MP liking him, because he wasn't showing enough in u18s and EDS teams, having little impact. Still very highly rated, but wasn't as confident as I was 12 months ago as he didn't seem to be having an influence in games.

Now it looks like he went on loan to Alaves' second team with a view to getting in the first. I do actually wonder if it was because he might simply not get games at EDS level too. He actually dropped behind Brahim in the u18s last year, despite being two years older, and seeing as all of last season's u18s are now this year's EDS it might've meant Garcia found himself sat on the bench a lot in the EDS! Which would've been weird....if he did indeed stay and played instead then he could've been stopping Brahim getting games. It's a tough one, hence why he went to another club's 2nd team imo. They play in the 3rd tier over there. Not sure if he's been playing or not though but the idea is defo for him to start with the reserves and force his way in eventually.

The Jack Byrne thing is a shame, but the problem we've got now is we can't recall. They've changed the loan system this year so its either transfer window to window or season long and nowt else. He's gone on a season long and probably isn't coming back. This is why you never loan to the Championship - its a horrible league full of dated, horrible managers.

All loans are difficult as the manager who is potentially picking our players has no vested interest in their longer term career. In addition if they have signed their own players in similar positions they don’t want them to be shown up by ‘some kid on loan’! We might have the best academy in the country but you cannot get round the problem of breaking players into first team football. You either do it yourself or you leave it to others (via the loan system) who will have different motivations.

http://www.deportivoalaves.com/noticia/manu-garcia-calidad-y-criterio-para-el-centro-del-campo

It says on their press release he's signed with the first team but will "record with" the B team, and then it says he'll be looking forward to playing in la liga (i.e. not in tercera where the B team is)

It really is a bizarre one - he even did a press conference before one of the first team games like a first team player and he's evidently training with the first team from his twitter (@Ric - I think that means he's not injured).

Press conference is here - http://www.deportivoalaves.com/noti...en-todo-lo-posible-para-conseguir-el-objetivo

He says he's working hard for a spot in the team and is working on improving his defensive side.

So I think he's with the first team, just not being picked.

All loans are difficult as the manager who is potentially picking our players has no vested interest in their longer term career. In addition if they have signed their own players in similar positions they don’t want them to be shown up by ‘some kid on loan’! We might have the best academy in the country but you cannot get round the problem of breaking players into first team football. You either do it yourself or you leave it to others (via the loan system) who will have different motivations.

In fact if you look at our best loans this season - Unal, Celina and Yeboah at FC Twente - they called us asking for players to loan, rather than us hawking them around for a spot. It's no wonder then that the manager is picking them because he needed players in that position.

The same with NAC Breda, they took about a dozen on trials, and picked the ones the manager rated, and as a result they're getting lots of game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.