Mario Balotelli

He has good stats whenever he has played the majority of minutes. Can't really judge too much over the last two seasons as he has struggled with injuries and Rodgers expected him to a job he isn't really suited to for Liverpool. You don't tell Mario to run around and put himself about, you get him close to the 18 yard area and feed him the right service. Whether that is fast direct balls or make space and opportunities to use his technical skills to get past defenders after drifting out to the left. If you want energy and running you get that from the other players in the team or pick a different striker.

I think it is a sign of the playstation generation to expect a player to keep their consistency and form up the whole of their career. Fernando Torres' stats were closer to 1 in 3 prior to his move to Liverpool and obviously we all know about his career since then. Antonio Di Natale only really started fulfilling his potential aged around 26 when he moved to Udinese and has produced excellent to outstanding stats all the way up to this season, aged 38. Luca Toni the journeyman striker, also aged 38 has 1 in 2 stats for Hellas Verona and has excellent stats for clubs when he played as the main goal threat earlier on his career, but less impressive at clubs such as Genoa, Juventus and Fiorentina when he faced greater competition. Even Zlatan didn't live up his outstanding standards the high expectations at Barcelona, which you can put down to him playing second fiddle to Messi and playing in an unnatural and less influential wide forward role.

What Balotelli needs to do is show he is the man for Milan to build a team and system around, or move on to another club that believes in him enough to do so.

Not seen this mentioned here yet but Pirlo has been getting behind Balotelli again, seems rather frustrated for him that it looks as though his promise has been wasted so far.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/english-pre...elli-still-a-special-player-says-andrea-pirlo

I wonder if NYCFC would take him next season maybe? He had his problems but I hope every City fan never forgets the part he played not only in the winning season but the most beautiful moment in City's history. Forever a legend lets wish him well.

Biggest myth going is that he is a top player. Truth is he is a coward. He runs away from challenges and looks for pastures new rather than facing up and dealing with problems.

He isn't half as good as he or his fans believe he is. He isn't the profile he thinks he is anymore, the hype is dwindling,near enough has gone. He isn't ever going to make it as a top player again because hard work beats talent when application is lacking. Inter, City, A.C, Liverpool, A.C and back to Liverpool who don't want him and now Sampdoria look like an option but imo he should go to Sevilla for a season and try and rebuild. If money is the route, cash in at some none entity club in China

Last edited:
28s96ag.jpg

Biggest myth going is that he is a top player. Truth is he is a coward. He runa away from challenges and looks for pastures new rather than facing up and dealing with problems.

He isn't half as good as he or his fans believe he is. He isn't the name he thinks he is, they hype has gone. He isn't ever going to make it as a top player again because hard work beats talent when application is lacking. Inter, City, A.C, Liverpool, A.C and back to Liverpool who don't want him and now Sampdoria look like an option but imo he should go to Sevilla for a season and try and rebuild. If money is the route, cash in at some none entity club in China
I think that is a bit harsh. He grew up both on and off the pitch dealing with things most of us wouldn't have an easy time with either. He made his decision early on that football wasn't his life, but he knew as long as he was involved he could make good money, and that's O.K. with me. No reason to call him a coward. Some want to challenge themselves against the best, some don't. They aren't cowards, it's just their personality.

I think that is a bit harsh. He grew up both on and off the pitch dealing with things most of us wouldn't have an easy time with either. He made his decision early on that football wasn't his life, but he knew as long as he was involved he could make good money, and that's O.K. with me. No reason to call him a coward. Some want to challenge themselves against the best, some don't. They aren't cowards, it's just their personality.

Cowards run from challenges, warriors face up. No criticism when you are out of your depth, at least you can argue they gave it all. Mario never gave anything his all.

He was adopted, that is his only hardship. He had great adoptive parents and had money beyond his dreams. He was gifted and was afforded the chance to play in Italy under Mancini and Jose. He came here to.play alongside one of the Prems best ever strikers, playing with a peak Yaya. Instead of striking up a partnership with Aguero or learning a no10 role as secons striker which imo he could do. He decided club jester was his role.

All this sympathy and excuse making, it makes me uneasy. Mario has a great hand of cards. Problem is the guy can't play his hand and surrounds himself with plonkers and yes men. What he needs is grounding, at an honest club with proper pros on average money and hungry fans. Sevilla are in CL, gagging for a striker and great at getting the most from everything they have. Failing that I would say Porto. He needs a league where defenders are looser and tempo slower, but most of all a fresh scenery. His next move imho is the pivotal moment in his career.

Think Mario needs to be loved, he had that at City where we loved his mad ways, but I think after City clubs and fans were sceptical of him and got on his back, that's when he loses his motivation. He needs to go to a smaller club that will appreciate him and get behind him like we did and I think he'd be better than ever. That or come back home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.