Mario Balotelli

Thousands of players have the talent but only a few the mentality.
A friend of mine was head and shoulders above his contemporaries in athletics, beating internationals with ease at junior level. He then discovered booze and women. You know the rest.
I was a swimmer, competed for Great Britain as a junior in the 80's, national championships etc,
jacked it all in to drink cider on street corners just to be normal with mates.
mum and dad always said you will regret it, most definitely do now, what could have been

A friend of mine was head and shoulders above his contemporaries in athletics, beating internationals with ease at junior level. He then discovered booze and women. You know the rest.
If its any consolation I discovered booze and women and I was shit at athletics

Eric Nixon’s brother Les was a top centre half but didn’t fancy pro football. Phil Whelan’s (played for Ipswich and Boro amongst others) brother was a top keeper but chose accountancy as a career as he could earn far more money back in the day plus he hated training. I had a chance at pro football but chose Luton away in the league cup and that was my chance gone.

I gave up booze for 4 years to concentrate on training to get in our Sunday league team. I will never get those 4 years back.;-)

Balotelli had everything - height, pace, power, skills and an ice cold ability to finish. By rights, he should've been one of the best in Europe.

However I could've written the same about Adebayor and plenty of other forwards. They have God-given abilities but as soon as they get to a certain level they seem to just stop wanting to be the best. In all honesty, the difference between the likes of Balotelli and Aguero/Tevez wasn't great but mentally the latter had something he'd never had.

My biggest fear with Balotelli when we let him go was Ferguson would take him on and make him into a Cantona type player for them. He had the ability but was just wasn't top class in the end as the rest of his career showed.
You appear to have made some blatant spelling errors in this one.............. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.