Mario Balotelli

What gets lost because of his madcap antics is just how utterly talented the lad was. He had everything. Gutted he never realised his potential any any of his clubs.

Let’s be honest though City & Mario we were meant for each other, totally loveable.
He was up there with the best of them in terms of raw talent. He just didn't have the application of someone like Dave, Sergio, Bernardo or even (dare I say it) KDB. The lad was his own worst enemy, in that regard. The 6-1, the semi final and his only assist in the 12/12 season will live long in the memory, mind.

image-6-16apr-p2-88223624.jpg

Colleagues of mine were working at a Melwood many moons ago when Mario became a 5th columnist and signed for the victims. Neither of them had any interest in football a# they were from Doncaster .
Anyway, they were working away just behind the reception area and in the hallway from the training pitch to the dressing rooms . Players came and went all the time. They were fitting some blinds to an internal glazed screen when they felt a presence behind them . Turns round to see Mario in his undies . He asks them if he can help , meaning he wants to have a go . H&S would’ve loved seeing Mario in his jocks up a stepladder trying to fix these blinds .
There aren’t many “I wish I was there “ scenarios for me but Id have loved that one .

Can't help but love Mario!

I'm glad he's back home and enjoying life, hope he does well at Brescia.

He may have had one assist but it was the most important one in the history of the league so that's ok with me! Scored some vital goals for us as well.
That injury time penalty v spurs in the title winning season was vital (just after Defoe missed a sitter to put spurs 3 2 up). Think he got banned after the game for an alleged stamp?

Last edited:
He was up there with the best of them in terms of raw talent. He just didn't have the application of someone like Dave, Sergio, Bernardo or even (dare I say it) KDB. The lad was his own worst enemy, in that regard. The 6-1, the semi final and his only assist in the 12/12 season will live long in the memory, mind.

View attachment 92886

At the time, we were fighting fire with fire, and the tide was slowly turning in our favour.
I love him, just for that picture alone.

Average player. Nothing more to it. He never had the talent or application to make the superstar tag happen. His passing was average, his teamwork was shite, his discipline was a problem, his hold up play average, his skill with the ball average, he wasn’t outstandingly fast, he wasn’t exactly prolific and his career total as a striker is pretty average. He could take a mean penalty and his finishing was alright.

Lovely bloke, mad man, but I remember watching him 7 times out of 10 and thinking “wtf is he doing”.
I’m fucking depressed now.

Wayne Bridge (who suprising comes across as an alright if a bit mad bloke) on Peter Crouch pod talking about what a dick head Balotelli was

That injury time penalty v spurs in the title winning season was vital (just after Defoe missed a sitter to put spurs 3 2 up). Think he got banned after the game for an alleged stamp?
Remembering back, I'm pretty sure you can omit the "alleged" bit. Wouldn't like to think what would happen to him now, if he did that!

Wayne Bridge (who suprising comes across as an alright if a bit mad bloke) on Peter Crouch pod talking about what a dick head Balotelli was
What did he say about him , also regards Bridge he was so unfit when he turned up at our place , his race was run after about 30 mins each game and did well to get even worse absolutely shite

What did he say about him , also regards Bridge he was so unfit when he turned up at our place , his race was run after about 30 mins each game and did well to get even worse absolutely shite
Talking about how unprofessional he was rocking up to training late, walking out talking on his mobile etc but he seems to have a bit of chip on his shoulder with Mancinis treatment of him in comparison to how he treated Mario which is probably fair enough

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.