Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
KippaxCitizen said:
Just a squad player quality who shouldn't be near games against elite teams.

He's better in CM than CH, but he - like García - adds fuck all to the team in terms of helping us score in CM. It's like having ten men with either of them in the team when we're in the attack. Both would be okay in a midfield three but shouldn't be played in a two.

He had a good first twenty minutes but as he got more fatigued e got worse and worse. He tried his best, which cannot be said for many of them tonight as only he, Navas and Jovetić took any responsibility and had any real work rate.

Poor though.
If you have injuries, and your remaining big players have an off day, you're in trouble. Demichelis was OK. It was going forward after they scored where it all went to pot.

Not too bad, considering:

1. You need speed to play as a defensive midfielder, and he is 33+ now, too old to play as a DM for 90 min.

2. He doesn't like to play as a DM.
Some years ago he was suspended at Bayern for refusing to play in that position.

0demi.jpg

The quality of the opposition exposed his weaknesses tonight. They made him look like a tired 33 year old - they weren't Watford or Spurs.

mr t said:
The quality of the opposition exposed his weaknesses tonight. They made him look like a tired 33 year old - they weren't Watford.

MDMs legs have gone, where was Milner - I know he's not a natural CM but that boy can run and run and run!!!!

TrueBlue1705 said:
mr t said:
The quality of the opposition exposed his weaknesses tonight. They made him look like a tired 33 year old - they weren't Watford.

MDMs legs have gone, where was Milner - I know he's not a natural CM but that boy can run and run and run!!!!

the game was crying out for him

Balti said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
mr t said:

the game was crying out for him
I thought Milner was injured. If he isn't then Pellegrini must favour Demichelis over him to partner Yaya.

Was anyone who says he's a good CB at the game vs watford - shocking in the first half .... granted he's comfortable on the ball and he'll do a few good tackles, that make you think yeh he's ok, he's committed but then he'll drop a clanger or get caught out of position and then he's running in quicksand trying to recover.

For where we are now he's not good enough, not even close, OK as cover to rest players when we're playing Norwich at home.

He was not our first choice target and was a panic buy like Garcia....

I thought we were actually pretty decent going forwards, but just finished terribly. We got in down the sides and put in a lot of very threatening low crosses that unfortunately the players on the end of failed to even kick the ball properly. For me our main problem was just how easy it was for them to outnumber us going forwards, of which Demichelis was massively responsible for.

So many times they'd be breaking with 4 players and we'd only have 4/5 players back and Demichelis would just lunge in trying to make a tackle and completely removing himself from the game and making the situation worse. A proper midfielder would back off and force the opposition to have to do something impressive to get by and give their teamates a chance to recover, but Demichelis continously made it easy for them. His refusal to even try and get back into position was genuinely shocking to me aswell, the goal being a perfect example. He lets Hazard bring it down on the right hand side, then lunges in and misses a tackle, then just stands there like a lemon, making absolutely no attempt to get back in the middle of the pitch ahead of our CB's (where the pull back to Ramires went).

I'm honestly amazed how much support he gets on here, I guess it shows how differently people view the game. (not saying there is a right or wrong way, merely different) For me, I think he's awful. I know some people love a player who throws himself into tackles, but for me he doesn't judge when is a good time to do it. He plays like a kid on a computer game, just charges straight at whoever has the ball and lunges, without even considering how badly out of position it leaves him. (pretty much how my dog would play, except without my dogs excellent recovery speed)

Fully expecting to get slaughtered for it, but that's my opinion.

I rate him but he was sent on a suicide mission tonight, didn't stand a chance. Think he would be decent alongside Rodwell with Yaya just in front of them.

BigOscar said:
I thought we were actually pretty decent going forwards, but just finished terribly. We got in down the sides and put in a lot of very threatening low crosses that unfortunately the players on the end of failed to even kick the ball properly. For me our main problem was just how easy it was for them to outnumber us going forwards, of which Demichelis was massively responsible for.

So many times they'd be breaking with 4 players and we'd only have 4/5 players back and Demichelis would just lunge in trying to make a tackle and completely removing himself from the game and making the situation worse. A proper midfielder would back off and force the opposition to have to do something impressive to get by and give their teamates a chance to recover, but Demichelis continously made it easy for them. His refusal to even try and get back into position was genuinely shocking to me aswell, the goal being a perfect example. He lets Hazard bring it down on the right hand side, then lunges in and misses a tackle, then just stands there like a lemon, making absolutely no attempt to get back in the middle of the pitch ahead of our CB's (where the pull back to Ramires went).

I'm honestly amazed how much support he gets on here, I guess it shows how differently people view the game. (not saying there is a right or wrong way, merely different) For me, I think he's awful. I know some people love a player who throws himself into tackles, but for me he doesn't judge when is a good time to do it. He plays like a kid on a computer game, just charges straight at whoever has the ball and lunges, without even considering how badly out of position it leaves him. (pretty much how my dog would play, except without my dogs excellent recovery speed)

Fully expecting to get slaughtered for it, but that's my opinion.

You have it spot on mate. He just doesn't have the brain for the role. He see's a guy with the ball and just lunges at them which would be ok if he wasn't useless at sliding tackles and by doing that he has made the defenders job 10 times as hard. He is a liability in every sense of the word. Pellegrini has a serious blind spot when it comes to him as it's one of his singings but he needs to wake up and see he is just a hindrance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.