Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if any of you were at the game tonight. He won a lot of ball, and made the simple pass.

The faults were not in the defensive midfield but in the cheap way we gave away the ball when usually we are so good in possession.

The big clue for you is City failed to score, yet that is Demichelis fault?

Marvin said:
Not sure if any of you were at the game tonight. He won a lot of ball, and made the simple pass.

The faults were not in the defensive midfield but in the cheap way we gave away the ball when usually we are so good in possession.

Spot on Marvin and yes I was there.He had a far better game than people are claiming,especially with his distribution... and it was no worse than Yayas or Silvas !!!

Marvin said:

Nobodys saying it was his fault? Just saying it was wrong to play him there, and believe me, it was.

He was blowing after 20 minutes. Pace of the game was too quick for him.

When we heard he was starting in CM, I asked the Fat El Hombre would he take a point and we both agreed.

Look at the goal. Outmuscled by Hazard on the left, he stayed put. Hazard runs full width of pitch to put the initial ball in the box from the right.

Really missed Ferna tonight and unfortunately, he's not an able deputy in games of such magnitude.

Damien10 said:
Marvin said:

Nobodys saying it was his fault? Just saying it was wrong to play him there, and believe me, it was.

But who else could you have put in that position ? Don`t forget that it came from MP himself who claimed Milner wasn`t 100% fit.

Marvin said:

From our perspective our inability to but the ball in the net was to blame.

Silva two clear cut chances, Yaya a clear cut chance, Negredo half a chance, and Dzeko another four half to good chances.

We got what we deserved tonight and our naivety in the January transfer window was there for all to see.

All we need now is Kompany and Yaya to be out for 4 weeks and our season may come crashing down around our ears.

BigOscar said:
I thought we were actually pretty decent going forwards, but just finished terribly. We got in down the sides and put in a lot of very threatening low crosses that unfortunately the players on the end of failed to even kick the ball properly. For me our main problem was just how easy it was for them to outnumber us going forwards, of which Demichelis was massively responsible for.

So many times they'd be breaking with 4 players and we'd only have 4/5 players back and Demichelis would just lunge in trying to make a tackle and completely removing himself from the game and making the situation worse. A proper midfielder would back off and force the opposition to have to do something impressive to get by and give their teamates a chance to recover, but Demichelis continously made it easy for them. His refusal to even try and get back into position was genuinely shocking to me aswell, the goal being a perfect example. He lets Hazard bring it down on the right hand side, then lunges in and misses a tackle, then just stands there like a lemon, making absolutely no attempt to get back in the middle of the pitch ahead of our CB's (where the pull back to Ramires went).

I'm honestly amazed how much support he gets on here, I guess it shows how differently people view the game. (not saying there is a right or wrong way, merely different) For me, I think he's awful. I know some people love a player who throws himself into tackles, but for me he doesn't judge when is a good time to do it. He plays like a kid on a computer game, just charges straight at whoever has the ball and lunges, without even considering how badly out of position it leaves him. (pretty much how my dog would play, except without my dogs excellent recovery speed)

Fully expecting to get slaughtered for it, but that's my opinion.
You're absolutely right mate, his inclusion in the team was the main reason for our defeat. That and two glaring misses from Silva and a 442 formation that was wrong for this game . Jovetic and Milner in midfield instead of De Mick and Negredo up front would have been the correct formation.

Marvin said:

I was at the game and I do like Demichelis and agree with what you're saying. But he's not Fernandhino and I think most people on here wish that he was.

oakiecokie said:
Damien10 said:
Marvin said:

But who else could you have put in that position ? Don`t forget that it came from MP himself who claimed Milner wasn`t 100% fit.
That's it, there was nobody. But it doesn't changed the fact that i think him playing in that role was a major factor to the game. But like I sed before, he did his best and everyone should be grateful for that.

Not good enough at centre half and certainly not good enough in midfield.
Too slow was out of breath after 20 mins , watched Hazard move away for goal and just walked as if it wasn't up to him?
The goalden rule of defending is stay on your feet and he lunges in too often and out of the game no good , cant believe he stayed on pitch after half time ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.