Mason Greenwood released on bail

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think top football clubs, us included, need to have a long hard look at the way players are pampered and consider whether they are unconsciously enabling this type of appalling behaviour.
Im no fan of Goldbridge but he was spot on in that video posted earlier.

A lot of Teenage footballers get paid huge amounts of money(some are millionaires before they are 20) and are surrounded by people who are just yes men/women who just tell them they are brilliant.

These are still kids with a kids mentality who believe they can do anything they want and haven't learnt any life lessons yet.

The same can be said in in other professions like actors.

Apparently Greenwood is on £100K a week. That would take me 4 years to earn what a 20 year old gets in a week.

It's all too much too soon and some inevitably go off the rails if they don't surround themselves with people who will actually tell them that some things they do are wrong or just put their foot down

Southgate leaving him out is making sense now.

And that was a long time ago.

I think this girl has reached rock bottom with him, it seems he has been allegedly doing whatever he's done for a while.
There were a lot of rumours circulating around Manchester a year or so ago about Greenwood’s conduct towards women, and the police having been involved before. But then there are always rumours about footballers and most turn out to be bollocks

let’s say I had very good mates in the cops and one was there the night Mendy got nicked and he told me that the flat was full of lads some relatives of other players from the the red side of Manchester ( Trafford ) and Mendy shouldn’t have even been out as he had curfew over other allegations and was hiding in a cupboard and once at the police station was asking the pretty police inspector for her phone number

I reckon if someone had told me that I’d think he was guilty
What is wrong with these footballers thinking that they can do as they like. Mendy seems to have no brains at all chatting up that Police officer after they nicked him. Wasn’t it reported that he thought that he would have it cushy in the nick.

Im no fan of Goldbridge but he was spot on in that video posted earlier.

A lot of Teenage footballers get paid huge amounts of money(some are millionaires before they are 20) and are surrounded by people who are just yes men/women who just tell them they are brilliant.

These are still kids with a kids mentality who believe they can do anything they want and haven't learnt any life lessons yet.

The same can be said in in other professions like actors.

Apparently Greenwood is on £100K a week. That would take me 4 years to earn what a 20 year old gets in a week.

It's all too much too soon and some inevitably go off the rails if they don't surround themselves with people who will actually tell them that some things they do are wrong or just put their foot down
Had he not made it as a pro no doubt some lass would have ended up with a beating :( you cannot control vile humans like that ............ he would have had it drilled into him about how not to act from a very young age but this sort of behaviour cannot be excused despite folk trying to say it’s all about money being thrust on them .............if he’s guilty then he should never play football again he’s been giving a golden ticket to earn millions of pounds for doing something he loves doing and should be punished by taking that dream lifestyle away

This incident, along with many similar other ones, raises interesting philosophical questions about the surveillance society. One thing Orwell failed to (understandably) anticipate was the means to survey and record a society’s citizens principally rested in the hands of those citizens, at their own fingertips. As do the means to widely distribute that material, in a way that can be disseminated at bewildering speed.

This has to be good from a law enforcement perspective, but where does it end?

Overall, is this technology making us happier as a species? I lost my phone for a few hours on Thursday and felt like my arm had been amputated. How can that be good?

On the other hand, think of all the times in human history that women who were suffering from violence didn’t have a voice because of a small piece of plastic and metal that they routinely carry around with them.

It’s hugely complicated.
I'm not sure that Orwell did fail to anticipate it, as in a totalitarian state, such as Oceania or North Korea, the Proles don't have the opportunity or means to use surveillance to their advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.