Match Thread - City V Chelsea (1st leg FA Youth Cup)

Discussion in 'Matchday forum' started by FantasyIreland, 18 Apr 2017.

1. cadds92

cadds92

Davenport will have a good career, but whether he will end up consistent Premier League quality will remain to be seen.

I think Sancho, Foden, Diaz and maybe the goalkeeper will all end up top flight quality, how many go on and become City quality I don't know, but we gave a good group here.

2. r.soleofsalford

r.soleofsalford

i`m really impressed with mat smith too

3. r.soleofsalford

r.soleofsalford

also having those two twats commentating, talking about when united had a youth team.

4. Nelly's Left Foot

Nelly's Left Foot

Really enjoyed the game. The fact that Chelsea and bigger and stronger does have a real impact on the game as they do win balls by being physical and there is little we could do about it. But let's not think that's all Chelsea are.They are a quality side who pass the ball well,move intelligently, mostly have a good first touch. Just a good side.

We were definitely second best in that first half and could have gone in 2.1 up ! Second half we upped our game I thought and got at them a lot better. Still they caused problems but not as many and we took the game to them. A few players not at their best maybe but great effort throughout the team and we are still in there.

I will be interested to see if we play the 2nd leg with the same approach or will Carsley try to make us a bit tighter.Either way we certainly need to take our chances better.

5. robert o'mancini

robert o'mancini

The lads did us proud tonight. At one point it looked as though we might get steamrollered but they showed real character to bounce back and we had a little spell in the 2nd half where we looked as though we could go on and win it. I thought no 6 and especially no 8 had good games. That left winger with the funky haircut looked tricky too. Diaz had to fight for every inch of space he got, man were Chelsea well organized. Don't know how old our right back is, he did a decent job but he looked so frail next to the Chelsea behemoths.

The keeper is comfortably better than Bravo already.

6. tonea2003

tonea2003

professional mancunian
    two technically gifted youth teams on display, nothing between them, we have a chance this time, fingers crossed they can get over the line next wednesday

7. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

Thought Chelsea were a much better 'team' on the day, whilst we have a small group of the most likely 'star' players, most of whom weren't at their best on the day.

All our teams at each older level, including the first team, defend as if Dax has coached them & miss easy chances at the other end.

8. 01cravend

01cravend

Was really impressed by both the CMs(Davenport and Smith)

Tracked runners and made late crucial tackles. Some exquisite first time passes/touches. moved the ball well and put themselves about.

9. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

I agree,although not everyone did where Smith was concerned,as the in match comments will confirm.Much of the time Smith was repelling Chelsea's marauding giants on his own.

10. Nelly's Left Foot

Nelly's Left Foot

Love Matt Smith for all aspects of his game,energy,intelligence,drive and quality but there were a few times where he allowed a Chelsea player to drift into dangerous spaces. Can't be perfect all the time.