MCFC u16s 10 - 0 M'boro.

twosips

Yes. Ten.

Didn't watch it (frustratingly) as I was around the corner watching the u18s beat Boro 2-1, but they absolutely annihilated them apparently. Could have been 15-20.

Brahim scored five. He's incredible. Jadon Sancho got three and Phil Foden & Tom Dele-Bashiru scored the others.

Helluva team that. Insanely talented bunch. For a little bit of perspective, Middlesbrough's u18s won the league last year so its a good academy.

That's a ridiculously impressive scoreline at any academy age group.

The difference in quality must be huge, and it's not like our u16s side is full of physical specimens that would bulldoze anyone. They've clearly outplayed them through technical football.

I hope they keep improving as the signs at this stage are fantastic. Brahim sounds unbelievable.

I literally saw two minutes of it and I had to laugh as I saw two dribbles where Brahim beat about four men each time. He's about 5'4. Tiny. Phil foden is probably smaller. It's not a physique thing. Sheer skill.

I literally saw two minutes of it and I had to laugh as I saw two dribbles where Brahim beat about four men each time. He's about 5'4. Tiny. Phil foden is probably smaller. It's not a physique thing. Sheer skill.

Why isn't he with the U18's mate?

He will be 17 in March so he will be one of the oldest in the U16's at the moment I would imagine, surely the club will want him playing against older players now?

Diallo is around three months younger than him yet he is playing with the U18's.

International clearance. He's waiting on it still. That's all it is - takes an age so he's stuck as a 'trialist' with the u16s. Every international player has to get it when they turn 16.

International clearance. He's waiting on it still. That's all it is - takes an age so he's stuck as a 'trialist' with the u16s. Every international player has to get it when they turn 16.

Ahh, OK, cheers mate.

So you reckon once he gets clearance he will be with the u18's?

I am kind of hoping he will play in the FA Youth Cup and possibly the UEFA Youth League this season, then who knows, the EDS potentially.

Manu Garcia went from U16's in 2013/14 to the EDS in less than a year so it can be done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.