MCFC u16s 10 - 0 M'boro.

Sadly Weiss was never anywhere near good enough and Guidetti as much as I wanted him to succeed didn't have the raw materials required to be a top striker at City. I would have loved to see us given Trippier and Mee more chances but what's to say they would have developed at the Same level at City.

I have huge hopes for our kids but we need to be realistic and I have faith that if players are good enough they willbe given a chance.

The stakes are so high though, I sure if we grabbed a third yesterday then Roberts and Iheancheo would have came on earlier.
My Dad and I had a cracking 5 hours discussion about football yesterday and youth development was one of the main topics we covered although we both differed in opinion on many factors.

I think the Spanish model of B teams is a fantastic idea and is the best way to allow a football club to have more freedom to develop young players without the pressure. Teams now have to do this with smaller clubs but without the same control mechanisms and ultimate goal. Perhaps this is why the City outlook and methodology maybe special.
Just a couple of mistakes playing first team for city and that player is tainted in the eyes of many, we see the grief that seasoned pros get for not being world beaters. Fernando, Navas, Kolarov, Savic, Nastasic, Garcia were and have been slated as it seems all football fans love a boo boy!

We all need to keep the faith that the club believe in the academy and promoting youth (it's still very early days and I'm certain they never spent that cash for a laugh) I'm sure that the pain we feel now when certain players don't get the chance that you/we feel they deserve will be suppressed when a few make the breakthrough; it will be much more rewarding. I hope we give Iheanacheo the chance but if Bony is out for 6 months would you buy a striker or promote Nacho to 2nd striker?

Disagree re Weiss' natural ability ^

He was a fantastic talented footballer. Just didn't have that right education to guide him properly into the finished article.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.