Media Discussion - 2023/24

Don't know why I even bothered but today I listened to the Totally Football Show. The City Newcastle game got two minutes of airtime. In that two minutes they said City's defense being so good makes the league boring, before taking the piss out of Oscar Bobb, with one "journalist" claiming he sounds like a silent movie star.

The totally inability for journalists to enjoy the sport they get paid fortunes to write/speak about will never cease to amaze. So many of them should leave the sport considering the hatred they have of it.
Favour to the world if they were silent stars

I think the dilly dallying was a PR strategy. Rather than announcing he was back it was drip fed for months so that people were used to him being amongst the team & it would be easily accepted when announced.

Like most things they got it wrong & it could be filed like all their fuck-ups in the “it’s not the 90s anymore”. What they’d have got away with 30 years ago & how they could control the media is totally different now.

When City allowed for a complete impartial investigation into the historical child abuse it was to ensure no bias & own it & the consequences. It was the right thing to do. There’s a reason no stories came out about the Rags & Dippers, but they will & when they do there should consequences for trying to continue the cover up. Andy Woodward has spoken about what happened to the Irish boys at United.
What happened to the Irish boys?

I think the dilly dallying was a PR strategy. Rather than announcing he was back it was drip fed for months so that people were used to him being amongst the team & it would be easily accepted when announced.

Like most things they got it wrong & it could be filed like all their fuck-ups in the “it’s not the 90s anymore”. What they’d have got away with 30 years ago & how they could control the media is totally different now.

When City allowed for a complete impartial investigation into the historical child abuse it was to ensure no bias & own it & the consequences. It was the right thing to do. There’s a reason no stories came out about the Rags & Dippers, but they will & when they do there should consequences for trying to continue the cover up. Andy Woodward has spoken about what happened to the Irish boys at United.
If the piss can was still in charge Greenwood would have never left the squad and the media would have supported it 100%.

Don't know why I even bothered but today I listened to the Totally Football Show. The City Newcastle game got two minutes of airtime. In that two minutes they said City's defense being so good makes the league boring, before taking the piss out of Oscar Bobb, with one "journalist" claiming he sounds like a silent movie star.

The totally inability for journalists to enjoy the sport they get paid fortunes to write/speak about will never cease to amaze. So many of them should leave the sport considering the hatred they have of it.
A very good point.
Years ago football journalists would wax lyrical about the game they loved,it was a pleasure to read match reports in newspapers.
Nowadays,all we get is how much the player cost,how much he earns (yawn)It's not a football report,more a jealous snide attack on some club or other.
Where did the true football journalists go to?

The day a Blue calls Martin Samuel a **** is the day we’ve lost the plot.

No journalist has been more fair to City, FFS.
Some posters are only happy if they see what they perceive as a sleight against City. It gives them the chance to froth at the mouth, facts be damned. There is much more to be annoyed at in the media then Samuel's piece which is actually a celebration of football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.