Media Discussion - 2023/24

Just watched SSN reporting from the Academy about today’s game. How cute were all the City kids in the background - one even had the obligatory cardboard FA cup cut out! 3 hours before kick off - brilliant!

Mate, I've told you before that walking around a boxing ring in skimpy clothing, between rounds, carrying a number, or draped over the bonnet of a car at a motor show, doesn't really constitute 'working in advertising'.
tbf neither does getting drunk on massive expensive budgets and putting out pish that doesnt even advertise the product and at least they look good while not working

WTF!

The Daily United just had to use a stock picture of Joey Barton in a City shirt from 2002-2007. Including a full size picture. Absolute c*nts!

Screenshot_20240107-120410~2.png

Screenshot-20240107-120431-3.png

I suspect, like me, your not an expert in trademark law, so who knows ;)

I don't know why they didn't act on the World Cup shirts, or why they've decided to target City. Perhaps it was a short term thing for the World Cup, so there wasn't really much time to pursue it. I also know a few trademark cases in publishing where some authors have been targeted, and others totally ignored, with no obvious reason why, but I assume Superdry know.

Superdry is registered as both Superdry and Super Dry. I also don't believe I said we were selling the clothing - just using the word on clothes.

Frankly, people pay good money to be on our shirts, so you'd think they would be happy for any confusion :)
You did say we were selling clothes with Super Dry on it...
Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 12.29.31.png
Which we are not!

Also, I may not be an expert, but a simple cursory look at the trademark laws throws up an interesting point...
Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 12.34.37.png
I say again, they will be laughed out of court... if anything they could be found guilty of Cultrual Appropriation as they are not a Japanese company!

Last edited:
You did say we were selling clothes with Super Dry on it...
View attachment 103450
Which we are not!

Also, I may not be an expert, but a simple cursory look at the trademark laws throws up an interesting point...
View attachment 103451
I say again, they will be laughed out of court... if anything they could be found guilty of Cultrual Appropriation as they are not a Japanese company!
Didn't someone say a few pages back that we've withdrawn the training tops at least temporarily from sale?

Reminds me of vogue trying to sue that pub for the use of their name, until the pub wrote back telling them to swivel as the pub had been there for hundreds of years before the crap mag even started publishing. They wrote a sniveling apology letter back to them saying sorry for the misunderstanding. Wankers.
Fun fact for free: I used to deliver there on my post round.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.