Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/sunday-supplement-17-18.329805/page-8

Ashton - smarm, threw in that Otamendi's yellow "could have been red" (no evidence provided for this idiocy)
Wallace (Telegraph) - v complimentary
N Custis - complimentary
Rudd (Times) - good but not really been threatened at the back yet, then we'll see.

Rudd was most negative, ignoring Ashton, The others were fine.

Then they decided to spend 5+ minutes talking about outfits, which was bizarre.

Anybody got a link to the Times writers forecasts for this season? I am sure Rudd had City to finish outside the Top 4. I am also sure she had Everton to win UEFA cup and Liverpool to win the Champions League!

Anybody got a link to the Times writers forecasts for this season? I am sure Rudd had City to finish outside the Top 4. I am also sure she had Everton to win UEFA cup and Liverpool to win the Champions League!

My favourite is Mark Bright, who bravely tipped Liverpool to win the league the first season we won it under Mancini.

Liverpool missed out on the title by a mere 35 points.

It's funny really as there's a minority of United fans who thinks the media are licking our arse! Truth is the media will pander to whoever as long as it sells and/or gets clicks, but 70% of the time negative news sells more...
I very much doubt there's an agenda about it as United hardly got arse licked during the David Moyes/LVG era's when they were losing, had they done I would have probably had suspicions.

I tend to stick to the MEN for City news anyway as I very rarely read anything reported about us being unfair or untrue. Stuart Brennan is constantly hyping us up, and I feel a majority on here don't actually read City articles as all I read on here is how bias the MEN is to United.
I suppose however that a minority of fans all acrosd the country don't take kindly to critism in the media though, even though this forum has had some of the most critical feedback about city that I've ever seen. I guess we should start calling this forum Redmoon if that's the case with everything else?

If you " stick to the muen only" you can't really comment with a depth of knowledge can you?

Sick day yesterday so had a ssn on most of the day. Stuart Pearce was on reviewing the weekends games.

Whilst the numpty still thinks the rags will win the league, he did refer to City as us and debunked all of the ‘but is their weakness defence’ questions thrown at him. He was also asked if City were a KDB team after Pep’s comments about spuds and answered along the lines that you could also call City a silva team or any other number of players.

I can't say I take predictions particularly seriously and don't think they are much evidence of knowledge or lack of knowledge about football, bar the insane ones like suggesting Leicester would win the league in 15/16. But for the last two seasons far more pundits have predicted City to win the title than any other team.

The sheer ignorance of Jordan is amazing, and nobody seems to have done any research on City's finances ( am I surprised)?
He implied that we were financed by 'a bottomless pit of petrodollars' and that when the sheik decided to walk away ( yes- that old chestnut again) the club would be left in an 'invidious position'
To add insult to injury he told us boys and girls that we have not, and never will have, the stature of a united or a Liverpool or an arsenal.
He obviously knows as much about their finances as he does ours.

He said on Talkshite a few weeks ago that City have an advantage over other clubs because they don't have to balance their books as the Sheikh just pumps in endless amounts of money to make up any shortfall in the accounts. Total fucking idiot who looks like he goes to the same hair dyeing salon as that other fuckwit Savage.

Josep vives , barca spokesman. Seems to think no league could deny Barcelona from joining if they were to leave la liga. This will be a topic of conversation now no doubt. Could they really join the premier ?. I know independence for Catalonia will not be allowed, but they could in theory quit me liga.

When people talk about mcfc being state owned they also need to discuss the standing of barca and Madrid of being the figureheads of rival parts of Spain.

Sick day yesterday so had a ssn on most of the day. Stuart Pearce was on reviewing the weekends games.

Whilst the numpty still thinks the rags will win the league, he did refer to City as us and debunked all of the ‘but is their weakness defence’ questions thrown at him. He was also asked if City were a KDB team after Pep’s comments about spuds and answered along the lines that you could also call City a silva team or any other number of players.
That's good to hear. I don't have anything against him personally. The club was in a bad way when he was in charge and I don't think that was his fault. The football was terrible in his final season but I think he had the club's interests at heart. He introduced some of the young players and brought Joe Hart in. Samaras was the big signing that let him down.

Josep vives , barca spokesman. Seems to think no league could deny Barcelona from joining if they were to leave la liga. This will be a topic of conversation now no doubt. Could they really join the premier ?. I know independence for Catalonia will not be allowed, but they could in theory quit me liga.

When people talk about mcfc being state owned they also need to discuss the standing of barca and Madrid of being the figureheads of rival parts of Spain.

The Barcelona leaving La Liga talk is all scaremongering bullshit. They say the law forbids teams from other countries in, but that's not true, there's just nothing allowing it, it was beyond comprehension when the laws were written.

100's of laws will need to be written and rewritten if Catalunya actually leave, so rewriting one about football is not going to be a big deal.

La Liga can't afford Barcelona to leave, Real Madrid definitely can't afford it, and they'd probably find Ligue 1 more than prepared to welcome them in like they do Monaco.

Tebas the president is a right wing nut, so he likes to talk up the idea that Barcelona would be ruining themselves, but the truth is La Liga would lose more than half it's value to TV companies, viewers and sponsors overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.