Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

If we can just keep this level up, a little bit longer, we could possibly psych out the whole lot into fighting amongst themselves & leaving us alone.

I’d be more than happy with that, but it would require the rest of the fan base to accept that we’ll not be centre of attention.

Similarly to how they focus on the top 4 when the title has been won, we do run the risk of being portrayed in a way that some of us might not like I.e. being ignored because there’s no longer a story there.

But believe me if we get to January and that’s already happened (it started yesterday with the rags v chavs game being bigger than ours) I’ll be over our bluemoon!

At this moment, I think it's fair to say that a lot of the media has repositioned & is now accepting what City are doing, rather than burying their heads in the sand.

Many have given up fighting it & given in. I think Mourinho has helped a fair bit, by making Utd so completely, indefensibly shite at football, that even those who love them are struggling to find an angle they can promote (although some are still trying).

If we can just keep this level up, a little bit longer, we could possibly psych out the whole lot into fighting amongst themselves & leaving us alone.

If we go to Old Trafford with an 8 point or more lead and win, I think that will close the league mentally for the chasing pack.

This start is unprecedented and I don't see where we will drop points before the derby if we maintain our current level.

That is our biggest threat this season. Consistency. We are by far and away the best football team in the division.

I’d be more than happy with that, but it would require the rest of the fan base to accept that we’ll not be centre of attention.

Similarly to how they focus on the top 4 when the title has been won, we do run the risk of being portrayed in a way that some of us might not like I.e. being ignored because there’s no longer a story there.

But believe me if we get to January and that’s already happened (it started yesterday with the rags v chavs game being bigger than ours) I’ll be over our bluemoon!

I don't think they would ignore us in that situation, just stop sniping at us.

If everyone decides they are fighting for the other 3 places, we would then become the cash cow for promoting the 'beautiful game' & the others can tear each other apart.

(Although the derby could be positively evil, if Mourinho decides on revenge, rather than just getting it over with).

If we go to Old Trafford with an 8 point or more lead and win, I think that will close the league mentally for the chasing pack.

This start is unprecedented and I don't see where we will drop points before the derby if we maintain our current level.

That is our biggest threat this season. Consistency. We are by far and away the best football team in the division.

It's not impossible that the lead could be considerably more.

I don't think they would ignore us in that situation, just stop sniping at us.

If everyone decides they are fighting for the other 3 places, we would then become the cash cow for promoting the 'beautiful game' & the others can tear each other apart.

(Although the derby could be positively evil, if Mourinho decides on revenge, rather than just getting it over with).

If we continue playing as we are, no one will outscore us and then if we win at the rags and then beat spurs that would pretty much seal the title before Christmas
From that moment it will be a small report on our match and the main focus being on the best of the rest
We have to get used to being almost ignored rather than lauded

Have no fear, their knives have been steeled to maximum sharpness. The press are waiting, like the roman senate. Our leader will feel the slash and stab of a thousand blades, soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.