Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we go to Old Trafford with an 8 point or more lead and win, I think that will close the league mentally for the chasing pack.

This start is unprecedented and I don't see where we will drop points before the derby if we maintain our current level.

That is our biggest threat this season. Consistency. We are by far and away the best football team in the division.

Second that but also throw in that if we beat Spurs in December as well then it basically does what you mention....that would be all the contenders beaten

Big if but like Pep says...one game at a time mentality needed. You can see how he focuses his management by that phrase which is why we are so good

Second that but also throw in that if we beat Spurs in December as well then it basically does what you mention....that would be all the contenders beaten

Big if but like Pep says...one game at a time mentality needed. You can see how he focuses his management by that phrase which is why we are so good

He's a terrific manager. Great personal skills, says the right things open and honestly. As well as a great coach (and that is now proven-Raz a great example) he seems like a top human being too.

We are very, very lucky.

I think the funniest bit is where they consider an alternative to Lallana..

I can see their point actually. You're never going to get anyone who can actually match Lallana's talent, obviously, but with a big game player like that you want someone who can step in when lallana needs a rest and do a job against the minnows. That way you can rest your big guns - like lallana - so they are rested and can perform in the really tough fixtures, like say City away, Spurs away or United at home. I think the rags are looking at John Stones as an understudy to Chris Smalling for the same sorts of reasons.

Interesting how no-one said "should have been stronger there" when Beaker smashed one in his own goal yesterday after receiving a bit of a nudge from Morata, the kind of thing that happens as standard.

That was the exact phrase used about the defender that Rooney pushed out of the way while he was in mid-air before scoring his goal from the half way line that gets replayed ad infinitum, even though you obviously can't strong when you are up in the air with nothing to push against. Jones had both feet on the ground, is supposed to be one of ther best defenders in the country and is a solid lump, and it was hard to see how any contact from Morata caused him to do what he did. He just seemed to be his usual clumsy self but get a decent contact on the ball for once. Even if it was a foul it should have been allowed as it was a clear candidate for own goal of this century.

December, you say. Isn't it a bit cold, then ?

He's a terrific manager. Great personal skills, says the right things open and honestly. As well as a great coach (and that is now proven-Raz a great example) he seems like a top human being too.

We are very, very lucky.
SWMBO is a Dipper... she says Pep has "funny eyes" when questioned she said "He has the sort of eyes that suggest he is happy and jovial but they are lying... I bet he goes home and beats his wife"....

Klopp is OK though... I'll give her some credit.. she agreed with Keane that LFC haven't improved in the last two years... her sister (more indoctrinated and a more seasoned Dipper) tried all the excuses under the sun to tell the missus why she was wrong...

Comedy gold they are... I am half-thankful for the Gerrard slip most days... if they'd won the league I think I'd be single by now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.