Medium

PistonBlue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
They are all con-artists praying on the vulnarable.

Bullshit.

My sister in law is a medium, and because I know her I can say she is deffo genuine. She's not even clever enough to come up with random searching statements.

When I first met her she told me stuff she just couldn't have known, stuff I hadn't even told my (now) wife. Like my mates dad who had died a few years previous, she told me his name and to tell his wife (also named) that he's ok.

She told us when the wife got pregnant before we knew, she knew we'd have a son with blond hair (I've got dark hair the missus is a redhead). Loads more stuff.

She used to be a nurse and could see spirits around a patient when death was imminent, she just knew. Only recently she's started doing the medium thing full time. She's not wierd or anything, she's not a con artist, she's just a normal woman in a normal house, with a normal family, husband and three kids. She just has this 'gift'.

PM me if you want to get in touch with her. She has a website as well.
Well I have no first time experience with mediums but i do believe some are truly genuine.. its a gift that truly can be horrible to bear but at the same time also can release alot of people... as in any craft there are good ones and bad ones... not all are frauds... some of my friends goes regulary to seanses and what they tell me is some scary shite...

no more or less ridiculous than mainstream religion or beliving in father christmas or the faries at the bottom of the garden.

PistonBlue said:
Didsbury Dave said:

. Only recently she's started doing the medium thing full time. She's not wierd or anything, she's not a con artist, she's just a normal woman in a normal house, with a normal family, husband and three kids.

quote]

She obviously has significant financial commitments, then...

You say she's not that bright. Why not suggest that she presents herself to the UK Govenrment, or one of the many medical/scientific bodies who have extensively researched this "phenomema"? If they could see strong evidence that she has a "gift" then it would be one of the biggest news stories the world has ever known. She would get rich overnight.

Didsbury Dave said:
PistonBlue said:
Didsbury Dave said:

. Only recently she's started doing the medium thing full time. She's not wierd or anything, she's not a con artist, she's just a normal woman in a normal house, with a normal family, husband and three kids.

quote]

She obviously has significant financial commitments, then...

You say she's not that bright. Why not suggest that she presents herself to the UK Govenrment, or one of the many medical/scientific bodies who have extensively researched this "phenomema"? If they could see strong evidence that she has a "gift" then it would be one of the biggest news stories the world has ever known. She would get rich overnight.

Actually her husband has a pretty good job, I don't think her financial commitments are any greater than most peoples. There are loads of people with the same 'gift', I don't think it would be world news to be honest. Of course some of them are not as honest as they should be but then again there are a lot of dodgy plumbers out there too, doesn't mean all plumbers are dodgy. Does it?

I used to play cricket with this guy who claimed he was a medium.. he would tell people he had healing hands and if anybody got an injury he would do all this rubbing on the area and most people would say it felt much better. I was always a bit sceptical until a few weeks after my father died.. me and my brother were in a pub somewhere in the middle of Cheshire after a game, and this guy started telling us that our Dad was stood with us and told us some personal things that nobody would have known, everything he said was spot-on.. my younger brother was getting a little upset so all the lads told him to cool it.... a few minutes later he just stops this random woman as she walked into the country pub and grabbed her arm as she walked passed.. he introduced himself as a medium and told this woman he is seeing a spirit of an alsacion dog at the side of her.. she pulls out her keys and has a key ring of an alsacion dog that had recently died.. I was amazed.. he didn´t know that woman from adam and she had just walked into this pub in the middle of nowhere.. crazy !! never believed it before this moment.. but when you have it happen to you and everything is spot on.. it´s very hard not to believe.

Plumbers mend pipes. The proof of their gift is their to be seen.

Did you know that there has been £2.4 million dollar offered in total over the years in prize money for anyone who can convince the rewarders that they have psychic powers? Noone has ever claimed.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_prizes_for_evidence_of_the_paranormal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pr ... paranormal</a>

There is no proof, or even any strong evidence, that people can communicate with spirits, or the dead, or whatever they claim. It would turn the world of science on its head if there was.

I can't believe some people even entertain this bunkum.

PistonBlue said:
Actually her husband has a pretty good job, I don't think her financial commitments are any greater than most peoples. There are loads of people with the same 'gift', I don't think it would be world news to be honest. Of course some of them are not as honest as they should be but then again there are a lot of dodgy plumbers out there too, doesn't mean all plumbers are dodgy. Does it?

I agree, but the bit about not all plumbers being dodgy is bullshit!!

Didsbury Dave said:
Plumbers mend pipes. The proof of their gift is their to be seen.

Did you know that there has been £2.4 million dollar offered in total over the years in prize money for anyone who can convince the rewarders that they have psychic powers? Noone has ever claimed.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_prizes_for_evidence_of_the_paranormal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pr ... paranormal</a>

There is no proof, or even any strong evidence, that people can communicate with spirits, or the dead, or whatever they claim. It would turn the world of science on its head if there was.

I can't believe some people even entertain this bunkum.

Well no, I didn't know there's a reward, I also don't know what is meant by a 'visible psychic manifestation'. What I do know is my sister-in-law has told me things she couldn't possibly have known. She's also told many people I know, and other members of my side of the family things about people who've died years ago, things that she wouldn't know or could guess at easily.

Ok, you don't believe, but don't call her a con artist mate, because she isn't.

This from Charlie Brooker sums it up quite nicely for me:

I've never fully understood the public's docile acceptance of psychics, or why, when it comes to their supposed abilities, the burden of proof is assumed to lie with the sceptic, as opposed to the sort of shrieking idiot who claims to be able to contact the spirit world.

I'm quite hardcore on this. I think every psychic and medium in this country belongs in prison. Even the ones demented enough to believe in what they're doing. In fact, especially them. Give them windowless cells and make them crap in buckets. They can spend the rest of their days sewing mailbags in the dark.

The audiences that psychics prey on are equally infuriating, albeit less deserving of contempt. They're just disappointing, like a friend who's let you down. Often, they're simply grieving and desperate.

I mean, if you want to believe in psychics, fine. You're a dangerous idiot and I wouldn't trust you to operate a spoon without putting an eye out ... but fine. Your choice. Delude yourself silly. Your world is probably more fun than the real one. There's no death, just an afterlife filled with magic spirits who like to communicate with eerie, ugly, otherwise-unemployable bottom-of-the-barrel "showmen" back on Earth.

But don't accuse anyone with the temerity to question your sad supernatural fantasies of having a "closed mind" or being "blind to possibilities". A closed mind asks no questions, unthinkingly accepting that which it wants to believe. The blindness is all yours.

(If you want to feel your eyes pop rudely open, swot up on the "cold reading" techniques fake psychics use - a combination of guesswork and sly conversational tics which give the impression that the "psychic" is magically receiving accurate information from the ether. A fantastic (albeit pricey) step-by-step guide is available from Ianrowland.com.

Anyway, back to my psychic prison fantasies. The problem with trying to jail all the mediums in Britain is they'd a) see it coming, and escape overseas to somewhere even more gullible, like Narnia, before you'd passed the legislation, or b) call on their ghostly friends in the spirit world to whisk them from harm's reach.

Except they couldn't because ghosts - unlike scumbags and conmen - don't exist. Pity. But that's the real world for you. Often disappointing. But real. At least it's always real.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.