Melbourne City FC Thread

Big game tomorrow night away to Adelaide. We are without Zullo and Novillo injury and suspension and most likely Franjic, but the boys last week that filled in did an immense job. That was Clisby for Zullo, Retre for Franjic and Garrucio for Novillo. Anything can happen in a semi final and we have played well away at Adelaide this season but coming of a 4 day turn around while Adelaide has more than 10 days its going to be hard.

Mooy is back to his best and Fornaroli is a class above. So being generally pessimistic I'm actually going into this one with a good feeling.

Winners tomorrow and winner Sunday play off in the grand final.

Looking forward to his. Will start as underdogs but capable of a good result.

Winners tomorrow and winner Sunday play off in the grand final.

Looking forward to his. Will start as underdogs but capable of a good result.
Watched and enjoyed a lot of the games,do the league winners win or do they go in the play off finals? If that makes any sense

Watched and enjoyed a lot of the games,do the league winners win or do they go in the play off finals? If that makes any sense
1 and 2 get the first week off. 3 plays 6 and 4 plays 5.

1 plays the lowest ranked winner of the first week while 2 plays the highest ranked winner.

Then the two winners play off in the grand final.

Pretty sure thats how it works. I think the top 2 qualify for the champions league plus the winner of the grand final if different.

1 plays the lowest ranked winner of the first week while 2 plays the highest ranked winner.

Pretty sure thats how it works. I think the top 2 qualify for the champions league plus the winner of the grand final if different.
Bloody hell that's complicated so are team 1 champions then and if they win the play offs cup winners then.
Or is the whole point of the season to just get in the top 6 and take your chances.
Do you think mooy would cut it in the prem by the way ?

I think there is prestige attached to both the league win and the grand final win. Probably more the league win amongst football people. But I guess both come with the champions label attached.

I think Mooy could make it in the premier league but his choice of club would be really important.

Not the type to be really effective in a peripheral role or coming off the bench so the right club for him might not exist in the premier league.

But he takes a cracking set piece (the likes of which I'd happily see at City), works hard and has plenty of ability.

Plenty worse than him already playing in the premier league.

Spot on moomba.

In Australia the winner of the grand final is regarded as champions, although within football (soccer) circles the team finishing on top is considered the champion. Hence the 2 trophies the plate (league) and the toilet seat for the finals winner.

No team has won the grand final outside of the top two, chance for history. Also we have beaten Adelaide 2 away this season and lost at home to them. Should be a cracking game and if the boys are mentally connected to the contest we have a massive chance. Over 500 are on their way, several buses are doing the 10 hour drive so we will have at least a little presence. Very mixed emotions on what could play out, but as long as we have a good crack.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.