Melbourne City FC Thread

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by moomba, 22 Jan 2014.

1. mcfcfc

mcfcfc

keep them going heartman it s a pleasure to read your posts:)

2. TonyM

TonyM

Thanks for the updates. I try to watch Mel C (I know that drives you crazy ) whenever I can and often they are pretty decent games ... for a while...

I get the impression that there's s lot less fans there who take themselves too seriously.

Hope the new manager is decent.

3. heartman

heartman

I guess there a nobs everywhere, because we've been very average since inception the more self righteous tend to drift away. As we've got better more nobheads have emerged I guess it's part of the course.

Not sure about Valkanis, at least he started with 4 at the back.

4. Pell

Pell

[​IMG]

This mans available...

5. heartman

heartman

Shirley not.

6. heartman

heartman

Adelaide United away Thursday night 7.20 pm ko local Adelaide time.

After another week post JVS nothing has really happened apart from speculation on his replacement. Upto 60 applications have been sent in as possible contenders (as reported ) which is quite humorous. It's not the sort of position that gets filled by application, if CFG haven't contacted you then you'd think it's pretty much a wasted exercise. My gut feeling on all this is that CFG would have known months ago the situation and would have a strategy in place.

So back to the Adelaide game, Kilkenny out (accumulation of yellows) and Brandan back after suspension. So Kilkenny out will cause a shuffle in the holding mid role. Most likely Brattan will drop deeper or Malik may be used.
    After another week it will be interesting to see what if anything Valkanis has tweaked. He has had a few pressers and sounds positive and a straight talker and seems to say the right things. Test will be after a few losses.
    Adelaide have been horrible and being the defending champions sitting on the bottom with 1 win at the halfway point is a monumental fall to say the least. Having said that they have been in most games but have just failed to finish and have also had a disastrous injury list. The one thing I fear is that we have the potential to play them back into form.
    I'm hoping for another tight game from the back (clean sheet preferably ) and a win.

Going to very hot mid 30s and surrounded by Adelaide bogans so won't be pleasant and far from easy.

7. Tbilisi

Tbilisi

Getting bricked at Leeds after Donachie scored
    Like the term Bogans,had to google it but very good.

8. Zubrman

Zubrman

Train Driver
    Live on BT Sport ESPN at 08:50 Thursday morning in UK.

9. heartman

heartman

HT Bogans 1 : City 1.

10. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

Recently became a man of leisure.
    Being ripped off, nothing wrong with the disallowed goal and the goal conceeded was probably offside too but not by much.