Mental fatigue

I don't know about the players but, like SETD, I'm finding the season exhausting. Every game is crucial and seems to be a matter of hours away meaning I'm struggling to focus on non-footballing matters.

I think I'm ready for the international break next month.

Exactly how I feel. I think part of it is that our enemies are such unbelievable cnuts, I want to shut them up so badly it hurts. I couldn't sleep properly last night cos of that fucking game and that's a pretty sure sign that I need a break from it all. Too bloody stressful by half.....even when we're 16 points clear!

Away from home in particular it’s been like Groundhog Day: Newcastle (a) 1-0 win when after missing a sackful of chances we ended up hanging on against a team with no ambition whatsoever, Palace (a) 0-0 draw when after missing a sackful of chances we ended up needing Eders to save a 90th minute penalty just to get a point, Liverpool (a) where in just 46 seconds of action (ie. ball in play) we gifted up 2 goals and let the dippers hit the post, Bristol City (a) when after missing a sackful of chances we ended up giving away 2 nothing goals and needed to score with the last kick of the match to win, Burnley (a) when after missing a sackful of chances we ended up letting them hit a post and then equalise, and then last night when after missing a sackful of chances we ended up conceding a soft as fuck winner from virtually the opposition’s only attack.
You've missed two, a pretty easy 2-0 win against the cloggers from cardiff, and a fairly emphatic champions league away win, where we are one of a very few english teams to ever win.

Are we on top form consistently, no probably not.

We're missing too many chances, we were doing that for the last 2 seasons, and despite the number we have scored, we've still been doing it for the majority of this season for me.

The fact that virtually every game we play we are confronted with a 10 man defence & are having to find ways to break them down, I am sure that must be mentally tiring to the players.

Top tennis players compete all round the year and don’t get to send on a sub for the 4th set.

Ditto golfers

Cyclists grind along for weeks on a grand tour.

Look at the day in day out repetitive training put in by swimmers or ice skaters ffs.

I don’t get how playing 90 hours max of competitive sport can result in staleness and mental fatigue

Top tennis players compete all round the year and don’t get to send on a sub for the 4th set.

Ditto golfers

Cyclists grind along for weeks on a grand tour.

Look at the day in day out repetitive training put in by swimmers or ice skaters ffs.

I don’t get how playing 90 hours max of competitive sport can result in staleness and mental fatigue

None of the above are expected to peak 50-60 times a year. Most of the above it only counts 4 times a year at most, and the rest is a doss.

Since the takeover, our squads have always had a wobble between (give or take) the winter solstice and the spring equinox; only to discernibly rally thereafter. Pretty much every season. Therefore we’ll absolutely smash it in a month’s time.

Already signs of this with the Leicester and Basel games. This was a blip on a terrible pitch with a cheat in black.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.