Metro Tram stop at COMS - Etihad

law74 said:
squirtyflower said:
Ducado said:
Getting there on it will be OK can you imagine the crush post match
I hope there will be one

Good excuse to have a pint whilst it subsides

Need more beer outlets in City Square though otherwise the beer queue will be longer than the one for the tram.
They're usually on the button in City Square after the game, loads have left so early it's easy to get a pint

I never understand if you're young and fit enough to walk it back to town post match the huge crush for the buses and guessing it will be same for the trams once they eventually start running. In the time it takes to get a bus and for it trundle into the traffic up to Piccadilly you can be at the bar somewhere in the Northern Quarter supping a pint.

Just realised this ..........
"With the long awaited Tram stop due to be open soon close to CitySquare, how do you think it will affect your matchday routine (if at all), and what if any effect do you think it will have on the pubs in the area?"

was first posted on Feb 24th. Someone is taking the piss. I know the council lied to get the Commenwealth Games but it is over a year since it was supposed to be open.

Ruddles81 said:
I never understand if you're young and fit enough to walk it back to town post match the huge crush for the buses and guessing it will be same for the trams once they eventually start running. In the time it takes to get a bus and for it trundle into the traffic up to Piccadilly you can be at the bar somewhere in the Northern Quarter supping a pint.

Unless of course you're one of the many heading in the direction of Ashton ?

Ruddles81 said:
I'm old and not fit enough but walk back to the crown and anchor quicker than the bus gets me there these days

Davs 19 said:
Ruddles81 said:

Yeah, obviously that's different but you see loads waiting for a bus just to go back to town. It's only about 1.5 miles!

Ruddles81 said:
Davs 19 said:
Ruddles81 said:

Yeah, obviously that's different but you see loads waiting for a bus just to go back to town. It's only about 1.5 miles!

You make a good point. Lazy Bastards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.