Micah Richards

Sadly it seems he’s hanging up his boots. Was a very enjoyable player for City and he played with the determination, commitment & giddiness of a fan.

It’s good to hear he’s not spunked all his earnings from his career. He & his Dad are reportedly very well set for life after football. They have a raft of very successful investments by all accounts.

It’s good to hear that even in the time where he’s not played, he’s been involved in their first team training due to his ‘bubbliness’ and is credited by Bruce as helping several young players make the step up.

Maybe a mentor role at City like Lescotts?

Last edited:
Lovely lad, had a good run at City. I honestly don't think he'd even be on the bench with this current City team, even if he were perfectly fit. I wish him all the best, it would be nice if he could come back in some capacity, although I can't help wondering how many we can find a slot for from that era in an ambassadorial or coaching role.

Will go down as one of my favorite City players. The performance he put in during the 2-1 win the year we got the double was great. He beat every player that came near him and was absolutely amazing in the air that match. It was one of those performances you don't forget.

Last edited:
Will go down as one of my favorite City players. The performance he put in during the 2-1 win the year we won the double was great. He beat every player that came near him and was absolutely amazing in the air that match. It was one of those performances you don't forget.

The moment that always sticks was in the 3-2 win over Bayern. Two down early on, and he chased back and got the ball, knowing he was going to injure himself badly and be out for ages.

Will go down as one of my favorite City players. The performance he put in during the 2-1 win the year we got the double was great. He beat every player that came near him and was absolutely amazing in the air that match. It was one of those performances you don't forget.
Richards made ten appearances during the 13/14 season and not one of them was in a 2-1 win... Which game are you talking about?

Love Micah. One of the few enjoyable players to watch during the Stuart Pearce days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.