Moving to Manchester

Ah but you're west dids..don't mind it so much there..talking about Didsbury proper..you know..suit jacket and jeans combo twats ;-)
You missed out the brown shoes.
West Didsbury is the spiritual home of Mancunian culture. The birth place of Factory, the Smiths and the MVITA sound system that powered Madchester. People that say otherwise know nowt. @west didsblue and I agree with you about Chorlton. As a judge at Manchester Crown Court was once heard to say, 'Sandal-wearing lesbians'.

Didsbury is nice but it's pretty expensive and a slightly older crowd. Would highly recommend Chorlton though. Lots of decent places to eat and drink etc Ignore anyone who says it's full of c*nts. There's a general trend in the UK at the moment to call anyone who has a beard and enjoys a decent pint a c*nt but it's not actually true.

Whalley Range is a little cheaper and closer to the city centre than Chorlton. There's less going on than in Chorlton, but there are some nice leafy streets there and a couple of half decent bars.

I would give Salford a miss if I were you, even the less scary bits closer to media city are lacking in character and much for a 19 year old to do.

Of the cheaper options, Hulme has improved a lot in recent years and is only a 10 minute walk from the city centre. Also it's just a stones throw from the universities so there's plenty of young people about. Might be good if you're looking for a cheaper option. I lived there for 4 years and had a great time.

Christ
There are places on that list I'm scared of driving through never mind living in!

Can't believe we have a blue coming over from Sweden and some of you numpties would rather recommend him a shit hole than a nice area probably due to a bit of a chip on your shoulder or reverse snobbery, ooh don't live in didsbury they wear jeans and a jacket get down to Salford, the locals may wear tracky bottoms tucked into their socks and as soon as they hear a Swedish accent kick seven lots out shit out you, but that's the real MANCHESTER r kid

Even though it's not its fucking Salford

Depending on your timescales you need to start paying A-kassa if you don't already. You can take it with you when you move and get some benefits for the first 3 months.
Luckily Call me Dave Cameron gives away tax payers money in the UK to all and sundry, so you will probably be able to claim some benefits from the UK as well.
There is a "meetup" group for Swedish speakers in Manchester that you might want to join.
You should look for a job using your Swedish skills, there seem to be a few about in customer service and the like.

Was in Levenshulme the other week. Surprisingly nice, lots of greenery/ trees and lots of nice houses. Very multicultural mind

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.