Mr Bates vs the Post Office

Horizon is the name of the software its Fujitsu that need to be called to account
And the Post Office as they ignored the postmasters who claimed there were faults in the Horizon software.

Watched the first episode last night and the PO status as cunts of the highest order was shown quite clearly. - I didn't really learn anything new as I saw a documentary about it around 12-18 months ago.
Not all convicted postmasters have been cleared and while some compo has ben paid the figures seem quite low compared to the losses incurred. The PO doesn't have the money to pay any more and the government doesn't seem interested in making a contribution, probably because the postmasters weren't party donors.
Meanwhile, Paula Vennells, former PO head honcho during some of the scandal still has her CBE and collected £400,000 in pay and bonuses during her final year. The only good news is that she's now seen as toxic and has resigned from a couple of other high paying positions.

Another world-leading scandal that shames our country.

Watched the first three episodes yesterday. Great performances from great actors.

Absolutely astonished then to see a current MP playing himself FFS! Who thought this was a good idea? Nadhim Zarhawi; you remember him, he claimed public money to put heating in his horses stables!

It is a double scandal -
Why has no one from the Post Office or Horizon been prosecuted for false accounting, and,
Why has the Government failed to step in and compensate all these victims properly?

As above see Grenfell Tower and also Windrush and Farepak ….
Same for personal taxation.
My experience has been that employing a tax agent to actually do the returns and simply argue with an often incorrect valuation by the HMRC pays for itself. Perhaps for the PO it is much the same, almost auditing, to get agreed results.

Regarding the PO acting as prosecution and sentencing, us City fans know a bit about that.

Like with tax advice given to me was to pay an incorrect valuation then charge them same interest as they charge when proved to be incorrect. They do pay incidentally.

I'm sure any good tax agent would have been of value for this problem early doors.

Surely the PO is also guilty of the charge it levels against the unfortunate postmasters?

It is a double scandal -
Why has no one from the Post Office or Horizon been prosecuted for false accounting, and,
Why has the Government failed to step in and compensate all these victims properly?

It’s a tricky one as most of the cases that went to court, the victims were coerced to plead guilty. I guess it’s harder to claim compensation when you’ve admitted your guilt.

And the Post Office as they ignored the postmasters who claimed there were faults in the Horizon software.

Watched the first episode last night and the PO status as cunts of the highest order was shown quite clearly. - I didn't really learn anything new as I saw a documentary about it around 12-18 months ago.
Not all convicted postmasters have been cleared and while some compo has ben paid the figures seem quite low compared to the losses incurred. The PO doesn't have the money to pay any more and the government doesn't seem interested in making a contribution, probably because the postmasters weren't party donors.
Meanwhile, Paula Vennells, former PO head honcho during some of the scandal still has her CBE and collected £400,000 in pay and bonuses during her final year. The only good news is that she's now seen as toxic and has resigned from a couple of other high paying positions.

wait until you get tp episode 4 - you will be seething

It is a double scandal -

Not seen it yet but those were my exact words to the mrs this morning. I'm not really one for all tittle tattle about who blames who and who should compenate who with what but this, from a major government agency is unbelievable and as above.......WHY & WHY ??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.