my gripe ''the police''

masterwig said:
Person speeding gets stopped for speeding. I say a big well done to the police.

Now if you clamp down on the knobs who park in disabled spaces then moan about 'catching real criminals' when they get a ticket. And the dicks who cry when they get done for using a mobile phone as they drive. It's low level disrespect for authority that is at the route of man of Britain's problems. You get parents who don't respect it and it rubs off on their scrotes of kids who take things a step further.

Some major sense talking here^^^^

Theres always gonna be isolated incidents where we're not happy with any kind of service we recieve and especially in a role as thankless and difficult as the cops have. There's some posts on here that really make me laugh. If go through lights on red or I dont wear my seat belt its my responsibility. I know the laws of this country and if I dont like them then I can leave and find somewhere else to live.

People talk about attitude but it works both ways... A high percentage of people the police are in contact with are nobs so when SOME of them start off a conversation on the offensive is it any wonder?? Does it make it right? Definately not but id say it makes them.... only human. And lets face it how many nobs do you know that are not cops!?

Like ive said before, when ever ive been stopped ive been honest, held my hands up when ive been wrong and accepted responsibility for my actions. Must have done summat right as my record is as clean as.

apart from the isolated occassions and individuals.. i find its usually only a certain type of person that has ongoing issues and gripes with the cops..

Fair shout,i still remember the bastards waving their pay cheques in the faces of the striking miners,or making monumental cocks ups in the Yorkshire ripper case,or if you take it abroad,Rodney King,or more recently the incompetence in handling the Madeleine McCann case.

But hey they are only human.I think the problem lies with authority,it's just something in a lot of people,when they are made up to a position of authority it goes to their heads.That's not just in the police force,i've worked on building sites and in factories since i left school and i've seen some decent lads turn into right pricks once they have a bit of power.

GMP in the news today

Source - BBC.CO.UK

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8526256.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8526256.stm</a>
bbc.co.uk said:
Manchester police chief admits snowballing mistakes

Snowball fights are rarely thought of as "serious violent crime".

The Chief Constable of Greater Manchester Police has criticised some of his officers for recording snowball throwing as "serious violent crime".
Peter Fahy said the officers concerned had failed to show any common sense.
During last month's cold spell, six snowball-throwing incidents were logged as serious violent crimes, although no-one was injured or arrested.
The classification is more often given to offences such as murder, rape and causing grievous bodily harm.
A spokesman for the force said the six incidents had been misreported by the officers and since rectified.
Scathing
But speaking at a police authority meeting on Friday, Mr Fahy was scathing about the mistake.

We are working with officers to ensure they know how to properly code crimes so they are an accurate reflection of the situation
Terry Sweeney
Assistant Chief Constable
He reportedly said some of his officers were too cautious in recording crimes as they were confused by government regulations and caught up in bureaucracy.
Mr Fahy, who took over as chief constable in 2008 after moving from neighbouring Cheshire, said he was trying to change the culture of over-recording crime in Manchester.
The chairman of the police authority, Paul Murphy, said: "I am disappointed some officers couldn't distinguish between different types of crime but the force's performance is improving significantly."
He added: "This constant measure of performance makes people nervous and indicates almost a lack of confidence, which says that what I will do, I'll report this and be safe. You know, it's disappointing that we're not using elements of common sense in this."
Assistant Chief Constable Terry Sweeney said: "Due to the complexity of the Home Office Crime Categories, occasionally incidents could be classified as a serious violent crime when they are first reported but downgraded when an officer has visited the scene and established the actual circumstances.
"We are working with officers to ensure they know how to properly code crimes so they are an accurate reflection of the situation."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.