National Football Museum

salfordpaul said:
is this a temporary thing or is it in manchester for good?
Permanent mate, at Urbis.
Tom Finney kicked up a fuss when they decided to move it from Deepdale, demanded his England caps back I think.
Taking my niece and nephew in the next couple of weeks

Everyone should try and get down to the museum. Even if you only pop in for ten minutes while waiting for a train at Victoria.

It is free with so the Football Plus stuff chargeable (but there are other interactives that are free).

I'm convinced every Blue will get a great deal out of the place. As well as some great material, it is worth noting that the first national trophies won by the Blues are on display - the original second Divison shield (1899) and the original design FA Cup won by City in 1904. As well as the ECWC, the old League championship trophy and much more.

I had the good fortune to work on some elements this year and can assure all Blues that those who developed the museum were keen to ensure the right balance. If anything I'd say there's more City in there than perhaps non-Blues would feel was fair when compared to similarly successful clubs, but I'm not complaining.

At least it'll show those that say City has 'no history' the truth!

There are also several Blues working on the staff now, so that's good news.

LongsightM13 said:
salfordpaul said:
Tom Finney kicked up a fuss when they decided to move it from Deepdale, demanded his England caps back I think.

I only heard part of the conversation between a staff member and a member of the public mate, but what I caught was this " Preston council wanted £100,000 a year", so make of that what you will bud.

Anyway, highly enjoyable, depending on how interesting you find football as a whole you could easily spend an hour to a day there, really is well worth popping in .

mcfc_ms said:
Went today and thought it was quite good. Probably missed most of the stuff though

Loved the trophy section. Some of those were huge!

The technology stuff was crap though. Very expensive for what it was.

For £15 you get 8 credits to use on 7 technology things. Each cost 1 credit each, apart from the wembley shootout thing which costs 2.

The shootout was good fun, but you only had 3 shots. The rest were timed at 30 seconds each which was really short for the money spent

Never saw the qpr pictures though. Where were they?
the qpr pictures were on 2 big teles at the top of the stairs on the top floor next to a 6 foot picture of blues at blackburn with a guy waving a crutch at the front of the picture the pictures take about 10 mins to play through as there are so many.

mcfc_ms said:
Went today and thought it was quite good. Probably missed most of the stuff though

Loved the trophy section. Some of those were huge!

The technology stuff was crap though. Very expensive for what it was.

For £15 you get 8 credits to use on 7 technology things. Each cost 1 credit each, apart from the wembley shootout thing which costs 2.

The shootout was good fun, but you only had 3 shots. The rest were timed at 30 seconds each which was really short for the money spent

Never saw the qpr pictures though. Where were they?

I went last Friday and they were handing out the credits for free around the place said they would be doing for the first 7 days it's open

scall said:
Berts neck brace is in there, its just near the FA Cup section, near the Munich section. Colins crown has its own little case near the chair Jimmy Hill sat in during his PFA negotiations. Make sure you go in the cinema area to watch the film about a day in the life of English football, features clips from.City v Swansea. The Hillsbrough section has a few pics of City stewards at the Etihad being the ideal stewards (great pic of a young lad and steward staring at each other both grinning).

The Cup Winners Cup is also just beyond the World Cup section vwhich has the ball from 66, the 1930 final, Jules Rimet and the Hand of God shirt). Also a VC medal from the only footballer to win it.

You'll never see it all in one visit, but as its free, its easy to pop back.
Been today gob smacked when I saw that image it's my 6 year old son!

Dirty Harry said:
LongsightM13 said:
salfordpaul said:

I only heard part of the conversation between a staff member and a member of the public mate, but what I caught was this " Preston council wanted £100,000 a year", so make of that what you will bud.

Anyway, highly enjoyable, depending on how interesting you find football as a whole you could easily spend an hour to a day there, really is well worth popping in .

Bit sad to see Preston lose it, but always quiet when I popped in on way to Blackpool, and some way from centre obviously, so I can see why Council cool on it, hope it gets visits it deserves now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.