National Football Museum

Went to this today with my dad and my son. We spent about two hours there and saw about half of it. I'll definitely go back with my lad to see the rest in the next few weeks.

It's good if you've got an interest in football in general and both City and united feature heavily. Not much of a claim to fame but my paternal grandmother's elder sister's husband played in the 1909 Cup Final for united and there's a shirt from that game on display - not sure if it's his or not, mind! Notwithstanding the family "connection" albeit tenuous, I got a lot more excited about Colin Bell's medals tbh.

I think this museum is far too important culturally to be in Preston. Football is an enormous part of many people's lives, myself included. It needs to be in a major city. I think this attraction could prove as important to the economy of Manchester as the Beatles Museum and associated attractions are to Liverpool. It was extremely busy, especially with groups of foreign students.

I would recommend it to anyone.

Thought Liverpool was the living football history museum, visit grounds of yester year and hear endlessly about 'istory.

Girlfriend surprisingly suggested it. Was very good, that even she enjoyed it. Definitely worth going to.

I saw an advert for this on the London underground today
I was pleased and impressed that something in Manchester was advertised there

Well worth going. I got 3250 points in the penalty shoot out thing - beat that; you can't!

AD4 said:
Girlfriend surprisingly suggested it. Was very good, that even she enjoyed it. Definitely worth going to.

Be afraid, be very afraid, either she is going to start wanting you to take her to games thus cutting down on your drinking opportunities, or she has her eyes on a new hand-bag and or pair of shoes she wants you to buy her.
Devious these women.

Hart of the matter said:
Thought Liverpool was the living football history museum, visit grounds of yester year and hear endlessly about 'istory.
facebook_like_button_small.jpg
<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:44 am --<br /><br />
gordondaviesmoustache said:
I think this museum is far too important culturally to be in Preston. Football is an enormous part of many people's lives, myself included. It needs to be in a major city. I think this attraction could prove as important to the economy of Manchester as the Beatles Museum and associated attractions are to Liverpool. It was extremely busy, especially with groups of foreign students.
As long as it stays up north. If those southerners try to take it I will defend it to the death.

59f1f463-43ca-7b54.jpg

59f1f463-43f1-1b8d.jpg

59f1f463-4410-93f4.jpg

59f1f463-4423-365f.jpg

59f1f463-4442-2a9e.jpg

59f1f463-4498-9769.jpg

Went yesterday, thats pretty much it about City wise there is a few other bits that I didn't have time to grab a picture.

I was impressed, spent about 2 hours there but didn't manage to see everything there I will be going backup finish off soon.

Great stuff in there.

Did anyone notice the Tonka action figures? Were there any CIty ones made? Can't recall ever seeing any.

As someone above mentioned, some of those trophies were huge, the league cup especially was far bigger than it ever appears on telly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.