National Football Museum

It's good. Colin Bell's medal's are there, the cups are great from 1880 onwards

Got 8 out of 10 on the country flags test, but beat the next chap

Beware tho..

This is what you see as you leave. Horiffic

xpd1sp.jpg

I went yesterday and it is absolutely stunning.

They currently have an exhibition on by Football photographer Stuart Roy Clarke.

Picture 37; "With a Gold Handbag" is a photo of City fans in 2003 in the pissing rain with the macs on in the Gene Kelly and I am in the photo.

Big thanks to Feed the Goat to directing me to the Urbis as well from Shambles. Only an idiot like me would need directions to a place less than a hundred yards away ...)

we went last sunday, timed it just right as well, as we were having a brew in the cafe there on our way out, about 300 chinese/japanese kids in matching tracksuits turned up to go in!!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nationalfootballmuseum.com/about-us/latest-news/2012/07/city-legend-joe-helps-us-ring-all-the-bells/?mdid=0#page-media" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nationalfootballmuseum.com/a ... page-media</a>

Joe_Corrigan__Kevin_Hughes_2_small.jpg

The National Football Museum got into the Olympic spirit this morning as part of All The Bells, by inviting Manchester City legend Joe Corrigan to ring a bell that was heard for many years at Maine Road.

All The Bells helped the country celebrate the first day of the London 2012 Olympics this morning as, at 8.12am, bells were rung across the country.

Helen 'The Bell' Turner was a fixture at City games for over 30 years, and was loved by other fans and players alike. She spent many games behind Corrigan's goal, and became great friends with the City 'keeper, giving him a sprig of lucky heather before each game. She was even invited onto the pitch to help City celebrate their League Cup win in 1976.

Helen's grandson Kevin Hughes, of Rochdale, still has Helen's bell and was on-hand to help Joe and the museum ring in the Olympics.

All The Bells, or to give it its full title, Work No. 1197: All the bells in a country rung as quickly and as loudly as possible for three minutes,is an art project from Turner Prize-winning artist and musician Martin Creed, designed to celebrate the first day of the Olympics.

I went today and I have to say it's fucking rubbish, it's just a load of old football related junk behind glass. I didn't find out anything that I hadn't read about before and most of the interactive stuff had pathetic pieces of paper stuck on them saying 'sorry I'm currently injured and awaiting treatment, hope to be back to full fitness soon' The place hasn't been open long and already a lot of it has stopped working. Also the staff were a bunch of clueless idiots but I don't blame them, they could be flipping burgers for the same money. I love Manchester but this place is just plain embarrassing. National Football Museum my arse!

The experience is certainly a lot different to when it was at Preston. Very hands-on now, and has lost that low-ceilinged, slightly mystical feeling. Friendly staff who had organised a wheelchair so I push Mum around, otherwise she'd never have managed to see everything. Seemed to be only Blues operating the lift! If I go again, I'll pick a time or day when the schools are in session. Just too many families with kids this time. Not being a grouch - just couldn't get near half the exhibits, and with Mum in a wheelchair, we had to let the lift go by a couple of times because many were just there for the ride.

scall said:
http://www.nationalfootballmuseum.com/about-us/latest-news/2012/07/city-legend-joe-helps-us-ring-all-the-bells/?mdid=0#page-media

Joe_Corrigan__Kevin_Hughes_2_small.jpg

The National Football Museum got into the Olympic spirit this morning as part of All The Bells, by inviting Manchester City legend Joe Corrigan to ring a bell that was heard for many years at Maine Road.

All The Bells helped the country celebrate the first day of the London 2012 Olympics this morning as, at 8.12am, bells were rung across the country.

Helen 'The Bell' Turner was a fixture at City games for over 30 years, and was loved by other fans and players alike. She spent many games behind Corrigan's goal, and became great friends with the City 'keeper, giving him a sprig of lucky heather before each game. She was even invited onto the pitch to help City celebrate their League Cup win in 1976.

Helen's grandson Kevin Hughes, of Rochdale, still has Helen's bell and was on-hand to help Joe and the museum ring in the Olympics.

All The Bells, or to give it its full title, Work No. 1197: All the bells in a country rung as quickly and as loudly as possible for three minutes,is an art project from Turner Prize-winning artist and musician Martin Creed, designed to celebrate the first day of the Olympics.

Glad the Bell was tracked down. Funny that the artist was a 'Turner' prize winner - Helen would've been proud!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.