Navas on his way ?

I will reluctantly make peace with him leaving if he wants to, but Pep loves hardworking team players and Navas is maybe the best example of that we have. One of my favourite current City players. His famous 'bad crosses' often make me wonder how much better they'd look if he actually had players to aim to. Look at the assists this season alone for Fernando vs Stoke, De Bruyne vs Newcastle, Bony vs Sevilla. If he can regain the confidence he had at Sevilla then why not keep him? Navas is one of the best embodiments of the attitude, spirit and workrate I want to see from City players. He's got that, we should at least see what Pep can do with him before writing him off.

Also, Navas nutmegging Baba in April was my personal highlight of last season.
It would also help if we moved the ball quicker so the box wasn't loaded with defenders. He showed in the Cup Final v Sunderland what he can do breaking fast.

Regardless of what some have said, I can't see a reason anyone should slag him off if he leaves. He's been a great servant and I wish him all the best if he goes back to Seville.

Solid and dependable player, but we just can't afford to have players in the front 4 unable to score goals anymore.

He's also 31 so it's probably the last chance we have to get any sort of decent fee for him, plus it helps in the rejuvenation process of our ageing squad.

i love Navas. he's an old skool winger.
which is to assist, not to score.
his workrate is one of the best.
excelled in traditional 4-4-2, rather than modern formation with 3 forward.
which require inside forward to score, while Navas are never play in such position.
i don't blame him for not scoring, that's not his job.

Solid and dependable player, but we just can't afford to have players in the front 4 unable to score goals anymore.

He's also 31 so it's probably the last chance we have to get any sort of decent fee for him, plus it helps in the rejuvenation process of our ageing squad.

Navas works hard and is fast. That is all. As you say, in the modern game all attacking players are expected to score. Last season we had Navas, Sterling and Aguero. Barca had Neymar, Suarez and Messi. Coupled with Navas's uncanny ability to hit the first defender when crossing he really is one of the players we can spare given the need to free up squad places.

Not a bad player. Just not as good as we had hoped or now need. He will go back to Spain and have a couple of good seasons. Good luck to him.

A fantastic signing. One of the few things Pellegrini got right.

I suppose if the players we are linked to are actually coming, Navas would have to switch jobs to get in the team, so it wouldn't be surprising if he went.

But he's done us a great job & good luck to him if he does go.

I suppose if the players we are linked to are actually coming, Navas would have to switch jobs to get in the team, so it wouldn't be surprising if he went.

His work rate and willingness to track back will be missed and his final ball was not as bad as many make out. However, he never poses any real problems for defenders and can't put the ball in the net. Bit like Milner a good squad player but not really top dollar.

Good player for us but he has lost his way a bit in that his goalscoring has dried up and his crossing is failing to beat the first man.

Last edited:
Tells you all you need to know that teams are willing to pay for him - unlike some others in the squad. Never is/was going to be a goalscorer and wrong to expect that to change, yet his work rate is off the scale. Happy if he stays or goes although I do suspect his chances here will be limited.

He will go I can't see him at his stage in his career wanting to sit on the bench. But I agree a good servant to the club just a shame he's never going to be up to the level required for us now Pep has arrived.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.