Navas on his way ?

Isn't he our highest assist provider since 2013 (when he signed)? Not bad considering some of you loons reckon any young EDS lad can give more than he has.
2nd to Silva over the last 3 seasons, no shame in that.

Stats are for the PL only, the top six are

Silva 27
Navas 22
Aguero 16
Nasri 15
Yaya 15
Kolarov 13

If we let him go, it's a major mistake. Not the most gifted footballer, but I'd rather Navas ahead of Yaya Kolarov Bony etc, every day of the week and twice on Sunday's.

He puts a shift in and is a TEAM player.

If he's homesick as was allegedly a trait early in his career, fine. But don't make this move to the detriment of the squad and team just because we "have to."

He's not irreplaceable, but there's a number of players that should be out the door far before him
Amen to that.(sorry disappointed nobody has said that yet or praise Jesus)

Personally I think he's the type who will do something Pep said he wants in his first days since arriving at City, he will give his all for the team and fight for the manager doing everything that's asked of him without a fuss.

He will love Seville. Beautiful city.(centre) Currently 45 degrees.

Thanks, Jesus. If you leave?
Is this a Clarkie?

We signed him from Sevilla, think he might have a decent idea what it's like, pmsl.

Enjoyed his role as a squad player when we were all fit and flying it in the year we came second to liverpoop. We had to play him way to much as a regular last season and while he never let's you down going either way he just didn't bring enough of a boom factor to the table to win us the league last year or even season before.

Loved having him but wouldn't be sad to see him go if our right hand side were to be Sterling and Sane with Bellerin behind them.

Love to see sterling get his confidence back by playing him on a side where his strong foot (only foot) will be useful but that's off topic.

I will reluctantly make peace with him leaving if he wants to, but Pep loves hardworking team players and Navas is maybe the best example of that we have. One of my favourite current City players. His famous 'bad crosses' often make me wonder how much better they'd look if he actually had players to aim to. Look at the assists this season alone for Fernando vs Stoke, De Bruyne vs Newcastle, Bony vs Sevilla. If he can regain the confidence he had at Sevilla then why not keep him? Navas is one of the best embodiments of the attitude, spirit and workrate I want to see from City players. He's got that, we should at least see what Pep can do with him before writing him off.

Also, Navas nutmegging Baba in April was my personal highlight of last season.

I think he may improve on those stats further because you will see some one other than Kun in the box this season.

He will love Seville. Beautiful city.(centre) Currently 45 degrees.

Thanks, Jesus. If you leave?

He's probably pretty familiar with it seeing as he was born and raised 15 minutes away and played for Sevilla for 13 years

Pep wants his wingers to be given 1 on 1 opportunities and he then wants his wingers to win those opportunities. Navas only has one move: slow up then push it toward the goal line relying on his speed to create separation for a cross. While I'm sure Pep could utilize that at times if he stays I don't think he could be a regular player under Pep because we will have worked very hard to create opportunities for him and he won't be able to do much more than hit a speculative cross. He certainly wasn't helped by our style of play the last few seasons and only having Aguero to aim at but I don't think he's the style of winger Pep is looking for either. Those who have mentioned converting him to a wing back have a better idea, in my opinion, but that's such a FIFA move and I doubt the player would be all that interested in it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.