New breed Season ticket holders only going to the big games

Years ago when we weren't great I lived in Kent. I kept my season ticket going for 5 years even though like now I missed a load of games through work and when I did get to games I left at 07:00 am and got home at around midnight. Eventually this took it's toll on my pocket and I gave it up,it gutted me to do so though. When I moved back I couldn't get another one as our capacity was only 35k but as soon as we moved I bought another one and I have retained it ever since. I still miss games through work,sometimes up to ten a season. I stick them up for sale but as I stated unless the rags or a top game no one buys them. I think I sold ONE this year,Arsenal at home. I have PAID for my seat and if people don't buy it or the club can't shift it on my behalf then empty it fucking stays!

You'll be getting hate mail for that !

f8cking cheek , buying a season ticket and not using it - what kind of a supporter are you ?

The next question I would like answering is what happens if the new fans the following season miss three games do they get prevented buying a season ticket? And the fans who attended 16 the previous year but missed a couple more this year? Will they then be prevented from purchasing a season ticket?

Slowly but surely, over time, we will be able to weed out every fan we have. It is a cracking business model, fans like scaring Europe to death who have put money into the club every year since 82 will be stopped from investing.
Like pens given for pulling shirts in the box, if it happened every time then it would soon stop.

If the rule was brought in then people would use the ticket exchange system.

Miss four games a season (without at least putting them up for exchange) and you can't apply the following year.

That way, there wouldn't be many games that sold out and still had 5,000 empty seats.

It's not a human right to buy a season ticket the following year.

Think you're barking up the wrong tree here.

Why the F8ck bring human right into it ffs ? If the vendor offers it again without a change of terms it is and I'm not sure you're near the tree .

Why the F8ck bring human right into it ffs ? If the vendor offers it again without a change of terms it is and I'm not sure you're near the tree .
A private club can introduce whatever rules they wish. That's why United have rules with regards to purchase of cup tickets and future sales of tickets. The vendor, by virtue of any change in rules, would be changing the terms. Keep up.

Also. It's a grown up forum, you can type fuck.

Like pens given for pulling shirts in the box, if it happened every time then it would soon stop.

If the rule was brought in then people would use the ticket exchange system.

Miss four games a season (without at least putting them up for exchange) and you can't apply the following year.

That way, there wouldn't be many games that sold out and still had 5,000 empty seats.

Suppose the ticket exchange system is still crap ? Too many supporters complaining that the system doesn't work - but as I have said PREVIOUSLY. I haven't used it - I give my ticket to friends !

I think you are oversimplifying this.

I'm not really having this, although pockets of empty seats in lesser games is definitely a 'thing' (and a problem in many people's eyes).

You are insinuating that people buy a season ticket and deliberately only use it for what, the biggest 2/3/4/5 games of the season? You can't prove that.

People always have and always will miss games due to other commitments, as is their right.

When the joy of attending wilters, so does the resistance to outside commitments. The question is what can the club do to prevent this? They can start by producing a proper team under a proper manager instead of the lifeless Pellegrini reign.

You quite rightly say that there shouldn't be a forced attendance policy - taking away liberties is no way to improve atmosphere and fan-club relations.

I'd much rather they lowered the individual game prices, as currently tickets are generally so expensive that there is a huge incentive to buy a ST than pick and choose games (at least psychology - it isn't fun having to shell out £120 for 2 tickets for 1 game when say £600/£700 can be spent over 9 months of the year).

Spot on.

A private club can introduce whatever rules they wish. That's why United have rules with regards to purchase of cup tickets and future sales of tickets. The vendor, by virtue of any change in rules, would be changing the terms. Keep up.

Also. It's a grown up forum, you can type fuck.

I can type what f*ck I want - I don't need your permission but thanks anyway .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.