New EDS Boss?

Couldn't agree more, it's all about perspective
Tough to some is fair to others

Very true, considering the state of other academies in the country I wouldn't be surprised to learn ours is a culture shock to some young lads who think they're better than everyone else. It's been said repeatedly here we do things differently, and now I've read up this is likely just part of it. Plus with many of his u18s now in the EDS I like the idea of him promoting along with them, he'll know the lads better than anyone else.

It's interesting that. It could be simply that most are 16, scholars, and the work levels and professional nature expected is hugely more demanding at that level. Could be the first time they've experienced it and Wilcox is purposely stern, teaching them life lessons etc. Can imagine it'd rub up some people the wrong way, but the club doesn't seem to have any problems with him I guess.

No ones ever happy these days. Who knows? May be sumat in it but I've only ever been impressed by his attitude watching from the sidelines. Tough task master but that's a good thing IMO with impressionable young footballers.
Perhaps a large part of it is the fact that they're all teenagers?

Anyone without kids wouldn't understand the above ;)

They probably got his name from here, and that's not even a joke. I've seen articles where they lift quotes from BM word for word.

Genuinely trying to not be arrogant here, and it may be a coincidence, but when Pozo left I wrote an article on my blog about him leaving that proved pretty popular and reached a big audience (so would have been viewable to the M.E.N). I had people tweeting me saying that the M.E.N's the next day was very, very similar down to all the arguments made, the structure of the piece and the examples used. As I said, could have been a coincidence, but yeah...

Perhaps a large part of it is the fact that they're all teenagers?

Anyone without kids wouldn't understand the above ;)

Ha indeed.

The kids are all VERY confident. Unsurprisingly, I guess. Most would probably tell you that they're the best player in the team...same with any young footballer. So I guess having a boss who is very stern and all of a sudden treats them like working professionals (not to say that doesnt happen with the 16s, but you know what I mean) which they are when they sign that scholarship could be a culture shock. In fairness to Wilcox, I never find myself thinking 'what is he doing? Why is he on the bench?'', apart from the odd times when it's clearly rotation and giving others a chance. He tends to play the players who deserve the chance in my opinion. He's very forthright in giving the u16s a go too. Always does and always has. Seems fair from where I'm sat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.