New Kit Deal - Under Armour?

I have an issue with our supporters believing that a kit manufacturer has the power to raise our profile above what it already is.
They don't. They are nothing but leaches. The underbelly of modern day sport.

They produce our image on the field...nothing more complicated than that.

They make money from US not the other way round...and if that's the case they, by fuck, better produce an image that lives up to supporters expectations and club traditions.

I don't think that's necessarily true, mate.

The distribution networks that Nike and adidas have around the world, particularly in the US and Asia compared with Umbro or Under Armour, is incredible.

Nike could be an excellent long-term partner for City, but we're at a bit of an awkward point. We feel we are worth more money, but we're not shifting enough product to demand better terms, so something has to give.

Spurs getting £35m a year from Nike. Chelsea £60m.

2017/18 kits already designed and finalised. Back to white shorts for the home kit which will please most. Design based on the 60's style so hopefully that means a white round neck.

Where have you heard this from, mate? Is it a reliable source? Hope it's true. If they throw in some navy blue socks with that I might just buy it as a thank you ;-)

I have never really understood all the hatred of Nike and their size, as a company, is such that they should be able to afford to match any deal that we are offered elsewhere. We should be getting more cash than we do and if we have to move to make it happen, Adidas are the obvious choice if you want an iconic brand.

I'd prefer
brand-adidas-originals.png
to
brand-adidas-performance.png

I have never really understood all the hatred of Nike and their size, as a company, is such that they should be able to afford to match any deal that we are offered elsewhere. We should be getting more cash than we do and if we have to move to make it happen, Adidas are the obvious choice if you want an iconic brand.
Shit quality, generic designs, sew-on badges and a history of using child labour. How many more objections do you want?

Apparently some very strong rumours going about.

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2016/10/under-armour-eyeing-manchester-city-kit-deal.html

Just mock ups below but wow.

under-armour-manchester-city-kits-2.jpg

Switch the home shirt collar to white and the 2nd kit shorts to black and that is pretty much my ideal City kit range. Love, love, love the tradition and history represented.

The junior blues have UA stuff for skins and training year (admittedly not kits) and there's no issues with quality for me.

Where have you heard this from, mate? Is it a reliable source? Hope it's true. If they throw in some navy blue socks with that I might just buy it as a thank you ;-)

A very reliable source who has seen the kit, and says it is very nice. I haven't seen it myself. Can't remember the socks colour, I've got to say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.