New Striker In January?

Whenever I have seen him play he looks a decent player but not really a striker but someone who supports the striker or plays wide, don't think he would be suitable to lead the line if Aguero is injured.

I'm thinking more of a cohesive pressing game, that would create chances simply by having real movement.

With City having qualified for the next round and still in all competitions, do you think we will buy in January?

The squad looks incredibly strong with the exception of the centre-forward position where Bony and Aguero have been stop start for 12 months.

I wonder if City will be tempted to buy, because the absence of a top forward could be all the difference between winning a couple of trophies and 2nd place again.

Probably depends on whether Aguero is fit at the time, and of course who is available

There's a decent thread discussing this in the transfer forum I believe.

Hope not though; never good value for money in January & no one worth getting will be available. Should be able to cope with Aguero, Bony, Nacho & Sterling until the summer then it may be an area that could do with strengthening & might be able to get someone who'd improve the squad rather than be a stopgap.

Nope, we have enough and it gives Iheanacho a chance. If we dont have enough when it comes to champs league all is good, I think we play more solid without a striker and need that in europe

With City having qualified for the next round and still in all competitions, do you think we will buy in January?

The squad looks incredibly strong with the exception of the centre-forward position where Bony and Aguero have been stop start for 12 months.

I wonder if City will be tempted to buy, because the absence of a top forward could be all the difference between winning a couple of trophies and 2nd place again.

Probably depends on whether Aguero is fit at the time, and of course who is available

Re Champions League, I reckon they could look to change the squad list in January to include Nacho and wait it out till summer. Not an easy decision to make though when you look at the list we submitted. If we were to get a high calibre player in january, chances are they've been playing for a top club (In their respective league) they'd be cup tied and give us no more advantage anyway

Problem with the January window is,anyone who is half decent are possibly still in the CL or would be cup tied anyway.

Wasnt there talk of west ham bringing tevez in on loan for a bit?... thats not a bad shout at all

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.