New York City FC will have pick of MCFC youngster

Just wanted to clarify something. I remember reading one of the NYFC threads and I think somone mentioned that loan players wouldn't simply be so straightforward as all transfers go through some centralised MLS body. I think someone gave an example of if we wanted to loan Barry to NYFC and NYFC were going to pay 50% of his wages, that before the transfer could go through all other MLS clubs would be able to meet or exceed the offer and try and get the player as well.

Not sure if there's any truth to this or not - hopefully someone more knowledgeable can elaborate.

billymumphrey said:
Just wanted to clarify something. I remember reading one of the NYFC threads and I think somone mentioned that loan players wouldn't simply be so straightforward as all transfers go through some centralised MLS body. I think someone gave an example of if we wanted to loan Barry to NYFC and NYFC were going to pay 50% of his wages, that before the transfer could go through all other MLS clubs would be able to meet or exceed the offer and try and get the player as well.

Not sure if there's any truth to this or not - hopefully someone more knowledgeable can elaborate.
I think that's only with permanent transfers, otherwise the club wouldn't really be discussing it, but I'll look into it.

aguero93:20 said:
billymumphrey said:

I think that's only with permanent transfers, otherwise the club wouldn't really be discussing it, but I'll look into it.

I think that's right. With loans the parent club is paying the wages of the player concerned (subject to any further agreement) and charges a fee to the club the player goes to on loan.

Chris in London said:
billymumphrey said:

I think that's right. With loans the parent club is paying the wages of the player concerned (subject to any further agreement) and charges a fee to the club the player goes to on loan.
I've been looking into it today and it's modelled on the Premier League model with slightly different rules for US and Canadian players from what I can see, so no problems with the drafting system that they use for permanent transfers (which is one bloody complicated system that's filled my reading quota for the weekend)
Might write an English translation of MLS transfer rules and regulations, could be a money-spinner :)

On top of the 4 loan players we could send them, which may well be our better quality youngsters.

I reckon we could also SELL them some of our other youngsters, for a nominal fee (with a a buyback/sell on clause), in a similar way to how Watford/Udinese operate.
No matter what, if a player gets sold by them for a profit, those profits end up in our bottom-line

Plus the current crop of 'Right to Dream' academy players we have out on loan in various smaller Euro leagues

Plus players getting too old for our EDS team, but not quite ready (if at all) for the 1st team, like Boyata, Wabara, Kennedy & Nimely could be sold for a fairly decent fee (every little helps LOL) , and they wouldn't look out of place compared to the current playing level in the MLS (which is compared in quality to the Championship)
Surely we could make more money this way than simply letting our fringe players leave on frees (or development fees) like recent departures Cunningham, McGivern, Trippier & Mee (who have a combined value of £4M currently)

It would be a way of kick-starting the team, as they would all be used to playing together (and in the 'City' way), so would help the other team members become accustomed to our philosophy

It would be a lot better learning curve than playing in the Barclay U21 league, and could improve them quicker, and have them ready to make the move back to the Premier League (or on somewhere else for a nice fee)

Chris in London said:

I've been looking into it today and it's modelled on the Premier League model with slightly different rules for US and Canadian players from what I can see, so no problems with the drafting system that they use for permanent transfers (which is one bloody complicated system that's filled my reading quota for the weekend)
Might write an English translation of MLS transfer rules and regulations, could be a money-spinner :)

I'll give you my take on the draft seeing as I have grown up with it here in the states, hopefully I can help you understand it.

The pools of talent available to professional teams in the major sports (Basketball, American Football, Baseball, and the MLS) primarily come from our University and college ranks. In the U.S. it is illegal to become a professional athlete in the major sports (go figure) and must graduate from High School (Secondary School for you guys?) before you are eligible to be selected or signed by a team.

However, this becomes more complicated as each sport has different rules, in the NBA the age is 19, in the NFL you have to complete two years of eligibility at the NCAA level. The MLS and MLB can draft players straight from High School. The orders of the draft also are dependent on the league. The NBA uses a lottery system- worst 14 teams are in the lottery. In the NFL it goes by your team winning percentage, if tied the team with the harder strength of schedule goes ahead of the other team.

Hope I helped a bit and didn't make you more confused, you are welcome to ask me any other questions you may have.

dips66 said:
On top of the 4 loan players we could send them, which may well be our better quality youngsters.

I reckon we could also SELL them some of our other youngsters, for a nominal fee (with a a buyback/sell on clause), in a similar way to how Watford/Udinese operate.
No matter what, if a player gets sold by them for a profit, those profits end up in our bottom-line

Plus the current crop of 'Right to Dream' academy players we have out on loan in various smaller Euro leagues

Plus players getting too old for our EDS team, but not quite ready (if at all) for the 1st team, like Boyata, Wabara, Kennedy & Nimely could be sold for a fairly decent fee (every little helps LOL) , and they wouldn't look out of place compared to the current playing level in the MLS (which is compared in quality to the Championship)
Surely we could make more money this way than simply letting our fringe players leave on frees (or development fees) like recent departures Cunningham, McGivern, Trippier & Mee (who have a combined value of £4M currently)

It would be a way of kick-starting the team, as they would all be used to playing together (and in the 'City' way), so would help the other team members become accustomed to our philosophy

It would be a lot better learning curve than playing in the Barclay U21 league, and could improve them quicker, and have them ready to make the move back to the Premier League (or on somewhere else for a nice fee)

I don´t think we can sell anyone to NYC.. As clubs don´t own players but the league does. That said it´s fairly obvious that MLS signs players and put them in clubs that already have an agreement with the player.
MLS also pass the bill over to the club that gets the player of course.

shroom said:
New Youtube video going behind the scenes with NYCFC coach Jason Kreis - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwnklazhoy0 - he explains the issues facing his option to include young City players on his debut NYCFC team roster - pretty slick little watch, enjoyed it
Listen closely 6:42. Viera:"I likes this boy: Kreis:"Kean?" -PV:"Yes" - JK:"Brilliant. Big time"
hmm, wouldnt have thought kean to be the one who'd patrick would mention

spinzer said:
shroom said:
New Youtube video going behind the scenes with NYCFC coach Jason Kreis - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwnklazhoy0 - he explains the issues facing his option to include young City players on his debut NYCFC team roster - pretty slick little watch, enjoyed it
Listen closely 6:42. Viera:"I likes this boy: Kreis:"Kean?" -PV:"Yes" - JK:"Brilliant. Big time"
hmm, wouldnt have thought kean to be the one who'd patrick would mention

Interesting that!

Cool little vid.

"I strongly believe that if you put Messi in the worst team in the MLS, they'll still be the worst team".

I don't! I know a lot of blues aren't interested in NYCFC, but I find the whole thing pretty fascinating myself

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.