Newcastle to keep City fans up in the Gods

CtidBlueMooner

Apologies if posted elsewhere, but Newcastle United managed to successfully appeal to keep away fans stuck up in Leazes Level 7 from next season. They'd been given an exemption this season to avoid housing travelling away fans at pitch level. To be honest, the "security" excuse is a joke as we had pitch level for Keegan's homecoming game in the FA Cup. Don't remember trouble that day any different from the norm.
Get used to those never ending stairs !!

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-not-move-away-fans-14375744

Last edited:
I always thought it was a good ploy to try and silence (on tv) and remove from sight the opposition fans.

Similar at Trafford.

It was one of the things u hoped for when city left Maine road, but no we stuck the away fans at pitch level.

So what’s happening at Old toilet?

Nothing as it should have been in place this season.

The FSF gave themselves great credit for the uk change but it has no changed one thing, and they only went after sunderland as they did not realise OT is not pitch side with NU in the league below at the time.

Nothing as it should have been in place this season.

The FSF gave themselves great credit for the uk change but it has no changed one thing, and they only went after sunderland as they did not realise OT is not pitch side with NU in the league below at the time.
What is your beef with the FSF?
You hiss and moan and you constantly groan....

I don’t have a problem with a club doing everything legitimate to try and gain as much home advantage as possible. Anything to the contrary would be a bit strange tbh.
I'd go the opposite way and say that away fans are an intrinsic part of the atmosphere at English games and that they should be seen and their attendance encouraged. I can't believe that there is any serious "security" reason why SJP couldn't have a similar arrangement to the Etihad for away fans, split onto different levels.

Apologies if posted elsewhere, but Newcastle United managed to successfully appeal to keep away fans stuck up in Gallowgate Level 7 from next seson. They'd been given an exemption this season to avoid housing travelling away fans at pitch level. To be honest, the "security" excuse is a joke as we had pitch level for Keegan's homecoming game in the FA Cup. Don't remember trouble that day any different from the norm.
Get used to those never ending stairs !!

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-not-move-away-fans-14375744

I’ll be watching on tv next year cannot watch that shite they produced this season from so far away or hopefully they get relegated

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.