Newcastle to keep City fans up in the Gods

I'm not arsed myself if there is a bit of a hike to our seats.

Last time I was there we had a wonderful view of the sunset over the town. It was very nice, and it's a pleasant stadium.

It was the first warm game for a while.

I don't have a problem with going up there, the town or the seats.

I don’t see what the issue is, in fact i think we stick the away fans up in their 3. I stand of directly behind the goal pitch level ( I’ve never understood why we’ve put them there)
Fuck ‘em

Doesnt bother me. Might be a long walk but it’s a great view

You must have good eye sight to appreciate watching the game from that distance... a quarter of a mile away from the centre spot is the figure I've heard quoted!

Apologies if posted elsewhere, but Newcastle United managed to successfully appeal to keep away fans stuck up in Gallowgate Level 7 from next seson. They'd been given an exemption this season to avoid housing travelling away fans at pitch level. To be honest, the "security" excuse is a joke as we had pitch level for Keegan's homecoming game in the FA Cup. Don't remember trouble that day any different from the norm.
Get used to those never ending stairs !!

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-not-move-away-fans-14375744
We weren’t pitchside at that FA Cup match. It was a Sunday night and our fans were up in the gods at the Leazes End not the Gallowgate End.

You must have good eye sight to appreciate watching the game from that distance... a quarter of a mile away from the centre spot is the figure I've heard quoted!
Can't see it being that far. Quarter of a mile is 440 yards; I reckon the furthest seat to the centre spot is about 170-180 yards. Still a long way though.

I hope we follow suit in all honesty. That said i am surprised we havent already done this considering it is something our ex-Barca board member is familiar with, as the away fans at Camp Nou are way up in the clouds out of the way.

There is new rule that at all premier grounds away fans have to be pitch side Newcastle have just been granted to have the away fans up in the gods for another season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.