Next season we need a 20th anniversary play off final away kit

The stuff about going out of business was made up afterwards for drama, as was not mentioned once all season. What was mentioned was that Shaun Goater was the oldest player and under 30, the high earners had all been gotten rid of (Pollock top earner left), and we had cut out cloth for Div 2 with a contingency plan if we did not get promoted. We also had 25k plus crowds and finances that dwarfed the division (bar Fulham who got promoted).

Bravo!!!! About time someone spoke the unspeakable truth.

We had the budget of a top three 2nd division club and we finished 3rd in the 3rd division! It was a season of dismal failure and gross underachievment.

Oh right.

Because I have a set of accounts in front of me that says we lost £6m that year with a £15m turnover and £38m of debt.

Oh right.

Because I have a set of accounts in front of me that says we lost £6m that year with a £15m turnover and £38m of debt.

Cool.

Have you got Gillingham’s accounts in front of you too? How did their turnover and wage bill compare? How about Macclesfield and Lincoln and York? Were we struggling to compete financially with others in the league? Thought not.

Cool.

Have you got Gillingham’s accounts in front of you too? How did their turnover and wage bill compare? How about Macclesfield and Lincoln and York? Were we struggling to compete financially with others in the league? Thought not.

Right because having larger turnover means that we couldn't possibly be in a less financially secure position. Or something.

Glad you've cleared up the "unspeakable truth" that's only supported by the Directors at the time, the Directors after the time, the financial analysts, the former Chairman, our financial accounts from that year and the year before and after.

Revolutionary opinion.

pros for having an aniversary shirt.

1. It's iconic, that picture of Dickov is a classic
2.No one will ever forget the day and the drama of the last 10 mins and extra time/pens.

Cons

1.the season was on the whole shite and the kit was worn on many occassion not worth remembering.
2.It was a 2nd division play off, final, and yes important for us, but still a play off final, not the european cup, or the league, a replica shirt like for previious FA and League Cup wins is enough.
3. It was a god awful kit that even if iconic is not City colours which are Blue, White and Maroon.(red and black stripes too)

Leave it in the past as a fond memeory.

Anyway everyone will think different and each to their own, if they make it, then hopefully as 3rd kit and we keep our maroon 2nd kit.

Right because having larger turnover means that we couldn't possibly be in a less financially secure position. Or something.

Glad you've cleared up the "unspeakable truth" that's only supported by the Directors at the time, the Directors after the time, the financial analysts, the former Chairman, our financial accounts from that year and the year before and after.

Revolutionary opinion.

Errrm, you’re a bright lad, but I’m guessing you’re not an accountant?

Check our wage bill that year relative to the league. Check our squad value relative to the league. Finishing 3rd was a fucking disgrace.

Getting a last minute equaliser was dramatic. But it didn’t save us from oblivion.

You say turnover doesn’t matter? Lol. Rangers were liquidated. They had to start up again. They’re back to being the 2nd best team in Scotland again within 4 years. You know why? Because they’ve got a big turnover and a big, loyal fanbase. Sound familiar?

Even if City had gone in to administration, or even liquidation, we’d have continued as a club if Dickov hadn’t scored. The fan base is too big. There is literally zero possibility that the club would have just packed it in for good if Dickov hadn’t scored.

Sorry if that’s inconvenient for your dinner party story.

pros for having an aniversary shirt.

1. It's iconic, that picture of Dickov is a classic
2.No one will ever forget the day and the drama of the last 10 mins and extra time/pens.

Cons

1.the season was on the whole shite and the kit was worn on many occassion not worth remembering.
2.It was a 2nd division play off, final, and yes important for us, but still a play off final, not the european cup, or the league, a replica shirt like for previious FA and League Cup wins is enough.
3. It was a god awful kit that even if iconic is not City colours which are Blue, White and Maroon.(red and black stripes too)

Leave it in the past as a fond memeory.

Anyway everyone will think different and each to their own, if they make it, then hopefully as 3rd kit and we keep our maroon 2nd kit.

You're getting way too worked up and intense about this. It's only a football kit.

We have 2 new away kits every single season. Most of them are crap. It hardly matters if just one of the kits, for just one season, is a nod to a prior classic moment.

Jesus Christ.

I had one of those shirts, and if anyone wants to recreate the experience just wear a hiviz vest and tip itching powder down it. Gopping colours and a really wiry/ rough material iirc. Still treasure the blue kappa one though even if I'm a little too 'big boned' to wear it now.

You're getting way too worked up and intense about this. It's only a football kit.

We have 2 new away kits every single season. Most of them are crap. It hardly matters if just one of the kits, for just one season, is a nod to a prior classic moment.

Jesus Christ.

honestly I don't care, if we have it or not, wouldn't bother me if we did,

I appologise if I have derailed or annoyed you in the thread was mainly trying to put reason to and not to have it, though admit sound like I am against it, mamy would like it so if it happened fine.

As long as we don't have blue shorts on the home kit ;-)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.