N'Golo Kante

We are probably buying him for £30m according to my mate in Spain who's brother works as a scout for Atletico.
Every big team on the continent has seen this player and want's him but he's already moving on next season and we are the supposed buyer.
Lets see.

Not a pep player to be honest. I saw that his agent was in turin earlier this week to complete a verbal agreement with Juventus. Juve are desperate to get him because Marchisio is out for a while with a cruciate ligament injury

he has been immense this season but is he a pep player, i am not sure.

i would love mahrez at city. he looks the goal-scoring right winger we have needed for a long time.

When I've watched Leicester I've specifically watched just Kante for a couple of matches, admittedly a small sample.

However from what I saw he's got an incredible engine & work rate no doubt, but his actual ability on the ball was not impressive at all to me. Seems the kind of player who is absolutely perfect for a side like Leicester where work rate & off-the-ball are the priorities, but in a team which dominate possession? I'm not sure he suits at all really.

I'd describe him as a work rate/pace of Fernandinho with the passing ability closer to Fernando. I.e. Fernandinho is the superior player & I just don't see what how much he'd add to our side, especially at £30m.

Maybe I just caught him on a few bad matches, but personally not fussed about this one.

When I've watched Leicester I've specifically watched just Kante for a couple of matches, admittedly a small sample.

However from what I saw he's got an incredible engine & work rate no doubt, but his actual ability on the ball was not impressive at all to me. Seems the kind of player who is absolutely perfect for a side like Leicester where work rate & off-the-ball are the priorities, but in a team which dominate possession? I'm not sure he suits at all really.

I'd describe him as a work rate/pace of Fernandinho with the passing ability closer to Fernando. I.e. Fernandinho is the superior player & I just don't see what how much he'd add to our side, especially at £30m.

Maybe I just caught him on a few bad matches, but personally not fussed about this one.

I noticed this guy early on in the year and started doing what you did and that's focusing mostly on Kante. I've watched about 15 games and his style is 100% perfect for Leicester. Fernando, Fernandino, and Kante are three very different players so it's kind of hard to compare them. Kante is like a coked out version of Fernando but it an awesome way. It's one thing to have pace and workrate but his timing and tackling abilities leave me in awe. His passing ability isn't the greatest but that is brought out more in Lecisters system then it would be in ours. He'd be an absolute monster behind Gundogan and Pogba. He'd be a much better fit than Dinho in that role.

Fern is vastly superior in terms of an all-around CM but Kantes strengths would make him much, much more valuable if placed in the proper role.

I think he's amazing and I'd love to have him but I think the chances of it happening are slim to none. I'd have a lot of fun watching Pep tinker around with his skill set.

Last edited:
I noticed this guy early on in the year and started doing what you did and that's focusing mostly on Kante. I've watched about 15 games and his style is 100% perfect for Leicester. Fernando, Fernandino, and Kante are three very different players so it's kind of hard to compare them. Kante is like a coked out version of Fernando but it an awesome way. It's one thing to have pace and workrate but his timing and tackling abilities leave me in awe. His passing ability isn't the greatest but that is brought out more in Lecisters system then it would be in ours. He'd be an absolute monster behind Gundogan and Pogba. He'd be a much better fit than Dinho in that role.

Fern is vastly superior in terms of an all-around CM but Kantes strengths would make him much, much more valuable if placed in the proper role.

I think he's amazing and I'd love to have him but I think the chances of it happening are slim to none. I'd have a lot of fun watching Pep tinker around with his skill set.
Sounds a fair assessment. What makes you say he'd suit better than Dinho in that role behind Gundogan + _____? Purely the tackling aspect? Personally think Fernandinho is a good enough tackler to do that job, with the added bonuses of his ability on the ball - I'd rather him be given the chance than we splash £30m on someone to do a similar job. Pep also clearly loves passing ability, would Kante be good enough at that to be his sort of player; I'm not sure.

Will have a watch against United & see how he does, but imagine they won't have much of the ball so will be more of his usual breaking up the play.

Kante is not a pep player and not a player that will fit the future teams either, simply not good enough on the ball.

If he is going to play in the centre of our midfield he has to be a fulcrum, the pivot of the team. There is a reason Pep loves Busquets.

Good player but wouldn't want this transfer to happen; I don't want us to be the Bayern of this league when it comes to transfers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.