Nicolas Otamendi - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great gif of Otta sliding in for another last ditch tackle

635748386361289886-1051367358_MoQJEqi.gif
That made me spit out my tea!

Ppeople always say this but its really a fallacy that talking head trot out.

You can read a game in tight areas with most defensive players around you in good positions. Then there are other times (the majpurity I'd say) when reading has nothing to do with it.

Take Monaco's 3rd for example (some have blamed Otamendi's positioning. Even argued we conceded coz he left too much space btw him and Stones. This makes no sense as its a break away with 2 attackers Stons tracks one and Ota tries to stay btw the attacker on the ball and the free man. That's actually good positioning. Those that argue he should have been closer to Stones are insane. He goes any closer to Stones and a simple pass to Mbappe see him wide open against the go

Its hard to explain how lots of these claims are wrong with examples over chat.

And I'm sorry, bit Dunney can shut it. He couldn't clean Ota' s boots at his best and he was an error prone agricultural CB. Cult hero he maybe. But he sure was not a good CB.

Don't care what anyone else says but I never saw the big deal with Dunne. Loved him for his commitment and effort but him winning player of the year that many years was more of a sign of the times for us.

That being said, he put in far better performances than Otamendi for us and was at least a leader on the pitch. If it wasn't for his shit DJ Khaled beard, you'd think Ota was about five years younger than Stones. Dunne's perfectly within his rights to pull players up for putting in shit individual performances especially when they're pulling us apart from within.

He's an accident waiting to happen in every game. I've said it before but he's superb to watch for the neutral. When he's gone I can get back to enjoying watching him play.

The worst part about him is that he holds his own line and wanders off unnecessarily many times during a match, leaving whoever is playing alongside him doing the actual job of defending which he's just made many times harder. Totally and blissfully unaware of anything that happens off the ball.

There's no stat you can pull out which will make many of us think he's a solid centre back.

Nicolás Otamendi, Leroy Sané and Sergio Agüero made the @WhoScored Champions League Team of the Week - Agüero was rated the highest (9.68).

Nicolás Otamendi, Leroy Sané and Sergio Agüero made the @WhoScored Champions League Team of the Week - Agüero was rated the highest (9.68).

They badly need to look at how they calculate performance score in that case, their system is seriously flawed if Otamendi is scoring highly on the back of that performance.

What was he thinking when he got so tight to the man on the break that turned him 15 yards in there half. Never ever see that in a pub team never mind a jam sponge with a dllop of cream for brains. Needs a positioning tatoo inside his eyelid's, tit.

Didn't see the interview ,but someone said Pep has said criticism of his defenders was wrong and that he understands that they have huge areas to cover because of the way he sets up the team
Otamendi top of the stats !

Once again proving stats are a load of horse shit. Anyone with a working set of eyes knows how poorly Otamendi played during that game.

They badly need to look at how they calculate performance score in that case, their system is seriously flawed if Otamendi is scoring highly on the back of that performance.

There's only 8 CB' to chose from this week and his rating wasn't that high anyway. He had 6 tackles and won 5 duels. 0 and 0 for stones. He also had that successful take on where he weaved through a few defenders and dumped a nice pass to raz (if memory serves me right) which was brilliantly done on his part. He also had a 94% pass completion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.