Nicolas Otamendi - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy is fearless. I have to appreciate his willingness to put his body on the line for his teammates.

Annoys me why it takes Kompany to sort everyone out at the back. He doesn't play and it's like you say, a free for all.
It doesn't. Folks just like to say that to make themselves feel better. Otamendi is mostly good and sometimes bad reregardless of Kompany's presence.

I mean he was shit last week and Kompany was there. And I can't count how many dominant performances his had without Kompany.

Just read this thread from day one. Its easy to figure out the weeks he was great. Even by the haters count, there have been at least 12 such performances, by unbiased counts about 21. Most of those 12 to 21 good to great games occurred without Kompany.

But folks here love the Kompany makes you tackle and defend better narrative.

Its not enough Kompany presence ( when he is on his game) makes the team better because he is good. But rather, it must be that he is so good that others who play likecshit otherwise play better once his around. Thus, its to his credit and presence when others are good. But when they are bad, its their fault.

Its quite convenient really. I get annoyed by it all. But I've gotten bored pointing out the fallacy.

Annoys me why it takes Kompany to sort everyone out at the back. He doesn't play and it's like you say, a free for all.

Pep understands it & keeps referring to it, so hopefully he will sign another player who can have a similar influence. Then we should be almost guaranteed a more solid defence, even when kompany is injured.

It doesn't. Folks just like to say that to make themselves feel better. Otamendi is mostly good and sometimes bad reregardless of Kompany's presence.

I mean he was shit last week and Kompany was there. And I can't count how many dominant performances his had without Kompany.

Just read this thread from day one. Its easy to figure out the weeks he was great. Even by the haters count, there have been at least 12 such performances, by unbiased counts about 21. Most of those 12 to 21 good to great games occurred without Kompany.

But folks here love the Kompany makes you tackle and defend better narrative.

Its not enough Kompany presence ( when he is on his game) makes the team better because he is good. But rather, it must be that he is so good that others who play likecshit otherwise play better once his around. Thus, its to his credit and presence when others are good. But when they are bad, its their fault.

Its quite convenient really. I get annoyed by it all. But I've gotten bored pointing out the fallacy.

Forget people on here, find one person in the whole world of football, anywhere, who agrees with your view. Just one. An ex manager coach, player, anyone.

Find one person who doesn't think Kompany has that effect.

It won't be Pep Guardiola.

He literally lost one header to Benteke (who's quite a unit), and even that time after Zaha (?) skinned past Kompany, he was then there to rescue and made a brilliant tackle. Other than that, he absolutely bossed the air and he really has some neat passing him him, which was just made more obvious under Pep. Such a shame that now it is likely that either against Leicester/WBA/Watford he's in for a shocker. :) Anyway, brilliant performance.

Forget people on here, find one person in the whole world of football, anywhere, who agrees with your view. Just one. An ex manager coach, player, anyone.

What's my view?

Well I agree with him but I'm also just someone on this forum.

You must see something wrong with the idea though, right? You said "Find one person who doesn't think Kompany has that effect" This is not how football works. Kompany playing doesn't all of a sudden make Otamendi good. Kompany can't influence Otamendi's physical prescence and he doesn't order him on the field when to perform actions.

Otamendi has always been a good - great defender (somewhere in that range), he has periods where he doesn't look good, but also periods where he looks like a juggernaut.

This forum always shits on Otamendi, but there is always a risk to our defenders in the way we play, personally, I am a fan and want him to stay. People also seem to forget that Otamendi and Mangala had a decent partnership going as well at some point last season.

Well I agree with him but I'm also just someone on this forum.

You must see something wrong with the idea though, right? You said "Find one person who doesn't think Kompany has that effect" This is not how football works. Kompany playing doesn't all of a sudden make Otamendi good. Kompany can't influence Otamendi's physical prescence and he doesn't order him on the field when to perform actions.

Otamendi has always been a good - great defender (somewhere in that range), he has periods where he doesn't look good, but also periods where he looks like a juggernaut.

This forum always shits on Otamendi, but there is always a risk to our defenders in the way we play, personally, I am a fan and want him to stay. People also seem to forget that Otamendi and Mangala had a decent partnership going as well at some point last season.

Find one preson anywhere in football who would agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.