Nicolas Otamendi - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jury still out for me. Some good games but can't seem to go a game without at least one sloppy moment. Last night was similar. Better with Kompany alongside him.

DBFpJOqXUAAfim2.jpg:small

WhoScored base their ratings on individual stats I think.

Just goes to show how much they can deceive.

Until Kompany came in the side he was bang average.

Few points:
- Never the 2nd best centre back in Europe.
- Good centre half but only looked very good when Kompany came back into the team.
- May just be a case of improving our full backs will improve our centre halves.
- Stats can be a good indicator, ratings less so (although can still indicate based on averages etc...)
- Whoscored.com rates James Milner as the best left back in the Premier League last season.
- Whoscored.com rates Paul Pogba as the best centre midfielder in the Premier League last season.

I like Otamendi but he has to take control and be better when Kompany isn't in the side. Maybe it was our full backs making our centre halves look bad but it was still noticeable that when Kompany came back we massively improved.

WhoScored base their ratings on individual stats I think.

Just goes to show how much they can deceive.

Until Kompany came in the side he was bang average.
Add to that that they hugely overrate in their algorithm interceptions (and Otamendi does this a lot as he wins a lot of aerial battles and tackles a lot), but of course there is no such metric, for us normal mortals that is, which rates positional awareness and stuff, so this rating system from whoscored is just meaningless. And I quite like Otamendi these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.