Nirvana

Was 12 when Nevermind came on the scene and it had a huge impact on how I listened to music. I hate how they were heralded as the founders of grunge. Nirvana transcended the grunge scene which was filled with horrible bands. If you listen to Cobain's influences you get a far better idea of where he was coming from (Joy Division, Television Personalities, The Raincoats). To compare Nirvana with any grunge band is an insult IMO. I wish he would have taken John Lydon's advice and just stopped "being a rock star" and walk away from it all but drugs and getting mixed up with the cnut, Courtney Love did him in.

They were a very commercial and weary band by 1994.

Music by numbers in the end, they would have ended up like Bon Jovi with middle of the road shite, like the awful business that is the Foo Fighters.

I'm not trying to purposely be controversial but isn't there meant to be good evidence that Kurt didnt kill himself but that he was murdered, supposedly by Courtney Love.

I think he was meant to be too drugged up to have been able to do anything, especially load a gun a shoot himself. Also some think his suicide letter was meant to be a letter telling her he was leaving her, and the last couple of lines that do seem to be 'suicidal' is in a different handwriting. I'm sure there are other things too.

Don't know what you all think about that! Not saying i agree with it or anything just stating that's what people think

mostonblue said:
I'm not trying to purposely be controversial but isn't there meant to be good evidence that Kurt didnt kill himself but that he was murdered, supposedly by Courtney Love.

I think he was meant to be too drugged up to have been able to do anything, especially load a gun a shoot himself. Also some think his suicide letter was meant to be a letter telling her he was leaving her, and the last couple of lines that do seem to be 'suicidal' is in a different handwriting. I'm sure there are other things too.

Don't know what you all think about that! Not saying i agree with it or anything just stating that's what people think

I never heard that theory before. Interesting.

google it theres loads of sites about it. interesting conspiracy story.
whether he shot himself or not he was well on the way to his demise through his own behaviour imo

The Fat el Hombre said:
Their unplugged set is fucking awesome

I gave lithium a blast in the car the other day

+1

Great album that, Cobain's voice is amazing. Interestingly the guitar he used was a chopped up acoustic fitted with a custom electric guitar pickup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.