No connection with the fans anymore.

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by njblue, 15 Jul 2017.

1. njblue

njblue

Drove a few hours with my young son and daughter to the souvenir shop today and when arrived asked the kids if they wanted to go autograph hunting. Timed it right and got pic with Kyle Walker top bloke and KDB miserable as sin but still stopped. Alex Garcia and zinchenko happy to stop good on them. But and it's a big but, when you have two young kids waiting is it acceptable as the main man (Aguero) to go through and then accelerate off with your red mobile phone in your hand or as the next big thing (Jesus) go through the barrier and then accelerate off when the kids are stood waiting for you on the side of the road. In each case there were only around 10 people altogether!!
    I understand that it is a daily thing and they will get stalled with it but young kids looking up to their heroes getting treat like that shows just how big the gap is. It's ok to go to a special appointment with someone and film it for City TV with music that makes them look like heroes but in reality they don't have the common sense or respect to show your everyday fan a bit of respect and make their day.

2. dronefromsector7G

dronefromsector7G

Standing on a fine line, between this and that
    Most of them don't give a shit. With me the feeling is mutual. They represent the badge. I love City not the players. Players like Zaba are a rare exception.

3. TCIB

TCIB

Currently, netdev
    If we don't get a statue of him with a bandage on his head there is no justice in this world!

Sorry for your kids mate, that would deflate me if i was waiting to if i am honest even as an adult never mind a wide eyed kid.

4. Shaelumstash

Shaelumstash

I think it's always been the same, mate. When I was 10 years old I asked Linford Christie for his autograph and he told me to "Fuck off", so you're kids didn't do too badly in comparison ;-)

I understand it must have been disappointing for them, but I'm sure these guys do stop every now and again, but if they stopped for every single photo / autograph they probably wouldn't get anything done. At least your kids got to see them up close and got photos with some of their hero's, which is probably more than 90% of young City fans will manage, so I hope they had a good day.

5. cyberblue

cyberblue

Nothing changes mate some players are great with fans some dont give a shit .i remember Gio after one training session getting pissed wet through signing autographs .Kieth Curle on the other hand turned up at Platt Lane to go for his lunch a bloke with his kid asked Kieth for his autograph .he said he would be back in a minute .tosser

6. Millwallawayveteran1988

Millwallawayveteran1988

Me too.

7. Pablo1

Pablo1

Football has changed - not just City.

8. City_Sean

City_Sean

Agree but it's still shite when players can't even be arsed acknowledging fans.

9. Tbilisi

Tbilisi

Getting bricked at Leeds after Donachie scored
    Is it only me that found the Yaya thing on City TV a bit sad where he was being told Manc phrases like Bobbins and Mint?

I mean,hes been here since 2011,shows how little the players mix nowadays?

10. Fred_Quimby

Fred_Quimby

A shame. When I was in my early teens I would go to Maine Road first thing during holidays and very few players would refuse to sign even though you went every day. Trautman, Hayes, Crossan later.