Northern Rail - Strike action

The glossop lime is running so ashbury trains not affected, however all stops have a service except one, Gorton which has no trains at all today.

The only station that has lost a service on that line, fucking ridicuous if they can stop at all the rest .

I still support th strike action though I will just bus it to town.

Northern rail trains are always late - the timetable is a rough guide at the best of times. The Sheffield to Manchester train that I get ( from Chinley) has never arrived in time. I tweeted them about it a few weeks ago and, I shit you not, this was the reply:

"Apologies, the service is delayed due to the previous service being delayed"

The train always has 2 carriages, ancient filthy things, that are usually about 100 degrees inside. By Marple it is packed. After Brinnington nobody can get on it because it's just too full. But that's not cramped and uncomfortable enough for Northern Rail who in the summer turn it into a "Folk Train". What that entails is reserving half of one carriage ( that's 25% of the trains capacity) for a bunch of bearded fuckwits in jumpers to play utterly shite tunes about fucking rovers and dancing maidens, whatever the fuck they are!

When the train does finally chug it's way into Piccadilly, 25 minutes late on average, the bastards then make you queue to buy a fucking ticket from some 17 year old hiding inside a massive luminous jacket who never looks up from a machine that looks like (and works as fast as) an old till hanging from his spotty neck.

And today they raise their public popularity even further by not turning up at all! Brilliant.

Northern Rail strike every fucking day. They're by far the worst train company in the county, quite possibly Europe, and then perhaps the world.

I fucking hate them and their ratty little trains.

They aren't trains. They are old buses on tracks! All the decent trains were nicked by Southern to run commuter services into the capital!

Northern rail trains are always late - the timetable is a rough guide at the best of times. The Sheffield to Manchester train that I get ( from Chinley) has never arrived in time. I tweeted them about it a few weeks ago and, I shit you not, this was the reply:

"Apologies, the service is delayed due to the previous service being delayed"

The train always has 2 carriages, ancient filthy things, that are usually about 100 degrees inside. By Marple it is packed. After Brinnington nobody can get on it because it's just too full. But that's not cramped and uncomfortable enough for Northern Rail who in the summer turn it into a "Folk Train". What that entails is reserving half of one carriage ( that's 25% of the trains capacity) for a bunch of bearded fuckwits in jumpers to play utterly shite tunes about fucking rovers and dancing maidens, whatever the fuck they are!

When the train does finally chug it's way into Piccadilly, 25 minutes late on average, the bastards then make you queue to buy a fucking ticket from some 17 year old hiding inside a massive luminous jacket who never looks up from a machine that looks like (and works as fast as) an old till hanging from his spotty neck.

And today they raise their public popularity even further by not turning up at all! Brilliant.

Agreed with all of the above.

I use the same line jumping on at Hope station in to Manchester. On Saturdays (especially match days) they only ever put on 2 carriages despite there being huge demand and coaches end up being packed by the time the train reaches Marple. A lot of old people and families end up having to be stood up on a jam packed carriage. I understand that a lot of the time it's a quite line but why can't Northern rail just add an extra coach for weekends when there's a lot of people using the line? It's also nearly £20 return from Hope for what is an awful service. The coaches are a relic from the 1950s with the radiators constantly turned up.

Just a quick post re this but in a slightly different context. Yesterday going to the match I went to board a tram, I let an elderly gent with a stick go in front of me and then went to board the tram myself. For what ever reason the elderly man stopped suddenly which meant I had to stop whilst in the doorway. Mr Stupid Brain Dead tram driver decided it was time to close the doors ... on me. I couldnt move either way so used my feet to block the doors which either then automatically opened or thick fuck 'driving' the tram realised what was happening. I am strong enough to stop the doors but if that had been the elderly man it could have been quite serious.
It has certianly made me think that the guards on the trains may have a point. Mr Stupid driving the tram has mirrors just like Souther Rail drivers but it didnt stop him closing the doors on someone.

Yep, definite strike action, don't want them drivers on £45k+ a year given any extra responsibilities!

Mind you, forget safety, what about the fact that it would ruin your journey due to all the insufferable tossers on the train that the guard would normally deal with? Can't see the driver leaving his post because some fucking arsehole has decided to play some utter shite music in the carriage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.