Not on the telly again

the BBC dont know anything about football, apparently we played a strike force of Mane, Jesus and Sterling (Pep post match interview) last night, so obviously they don't know that City are one of the teams still in the cup maybe?

Fulham vs Spurs is the only contentious one for me. Spurs don't play a full team, and Fulham are shite.

We play full strength against a team gunning for promotion.
As obvious game on TV as the rags.
The whole scheduling is Rags, Liverpool and cockneys.
Here are the games Fox Soccer showed at the weekend:
Liverpool v Wolves, Chelsea v Brentford, Southampton v Arsenal, Millwall v Watford, Sutton v Leeds, Rags v Wigan

Liverpool v Wolves, Chelsea v Brentford, Southampton v Arsenal, Millwall v Watford, Sutton v Leeds, Rags v Wigan
There really is an obvious omission there.... can anyone spot it?

To be fair to them, they couldn't show City as they had to choose the games before we got a date and opponent.

The BBC fucked us about with their "if Bolton win, the game is Sunday, if it's Palace then it's Saturday" bollocks.

Surely I'm not the only one who isn't arsed whatsoever that we've not been selected for live TV coverage, and if the game is indeed going to be a 3pm Saturday kick-off (no reason for it not to be but City may have asked for a Friday night game to give us an extra day's rest ahead of the Monaco match) then that's the best kick-off time that those going to the game could've hoped for. For those not going, there should be a fair few foreign streams to choose from so I honestly don't get the issue. Football fans are forever complaining about games being moved for TV and now we're seeing loads of complaints because it isn't on TV with a stupid kick-off time. We're on TV more than enough these days anyway and hence get plenty of exposure, so it's not like many neutral watchers won't be up to speed with our team.

And on this note, I offer up an alternative view with regards to every United game FA Cup being live on TV in the past 12 years - sure, it's ridiculous and it panders to their vast army of armchair followers but I'm guessing most regular match-going United fans are royally pissed off about it and wouldn't mind an FA Cup tie with a 3pm Saturday kick-off every now and then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.