Oasis

Never rated them or liked much of their stuff and still dont. It isnt hard on the ears, dont get me wrong, but it isnt great either. The guitar band version of Robbie Williams for me, and nothing better than that. I love that they are blues, of course.

Ok cheers I will stick it on my to watch list. I think a proper film would have been better, it could have been part comedy the way the band was.

Brilliantly done doc with plenty of laughs in it. There American tour was a complete shambles, so many funny stories.

They were still more Rock than The Beatles for me(which for me was Pop rock, mass appeal in spades to their credit)they were influenced by and covered a lot of Blues songs(doesn't rock in general owe a lot to it anyway though? If you have ever listened to real Blues the difference is clear), it is Bluesy rock I guess you could say but then look at Led Zep they did the same thing except gave no credit to the songs they took their influence from. Anyway I've nothing against them but give me the Stones over the Beatles any day of the week... stood the test of time better most of their hits IMO.
Yeah, but the Stones were shit.

They were ok but The Beatles are royalty.

Oh and oasis never improved after their first album.

I don't think they possibly could of. Definately,Maybe is one the greatest Albums of all time. Morning Glory had some great moments but for me The Masterplan album showed the best of Oasis - proved there B sides alone are better than what most bands could offer

Only saw them once at Maine road in 96 supported by Manics and Ocean colour scene. Was a great gig and all 3 bands were bang on. Thought the top tier of the new Kippax was going to collapse at one stage though, was definitely swaying.... well maybe ; )

They were still more Rock than The Beatles for me(which for me was Pop rock, mass appeal in spades to their credit)they were influenced by and covered a lot of Blues songs(doesn't rock in general owe a lot to it anyway though? If you have ever listened to real Blues the difference is clear), it is Bluesy rock I guess you could say but then look at Led Zep they did the same thing except gave no credit to the songs they took their influence from. Anyway I've nothing against them but give me the Stones over the Beatles any day of the week... stood the test of time better most of their hits IMO.

Thankfully you put IMO at the end of that little nugget. Saved me spitting out my porridge in disbelief!

And I say that as someone who loves the Stones.........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.