Oldham Athletic Takeover

It's hardly as simplistic as that is it?

Would I be happy to watch Latics as a club in their own right which happens to have a few players on loan, maybe even some from City? Yes, of course I would. We've been doing that for as long as I can remember - although the majority of loanees from your EDS in the last 5/6 years or so have been garbage for us.

Would I be happy if we were owned (in some way or other) with the MO being to ensure City players have a football league team to play for and improve their game, with what is best for Latics coming 2nd to what is better for City, or the CFG or whatever you call it, and effectively become Manchester City B team? Well no, fuck right off. I'd much rather follow my Latics in the conference or even lower.

we are not talking about a rename or anything like man city B team just a helping hand and its also going to be beneficial to man city youth setup and EDS oldham can never get back into the premier league and even if somebody like sheikh mansour and his money would not help them the club and fan base is not big enough the local smaller clubs have always been looking to take young players of man city and the big teams for years and years nothing new in that and its good for the club to blood young players in real time games and give them the feel of league football with something on it like points or cups games

oldham are doom for me and this season and will go down and if somebody can come in and help them good even if its linked to man city well what choice have they got the fans will want a better run club and stable and then can build to challenge to get back up and have a target of championship football in the next 5 years forget premier league it never going to happen and that's why its good for oldham they can be the level they really are and build up the fan base

we are not talking about a rename or anything like man city B team just a helping hand and its also going to be beneficial to man city youth setup and EDS oldham can never get back into the premier league and even if somebody like sheikh mansour and his money would not help them the club and fan base is not big enough the local smaller clubs have always been looking to take young players of man city and the big teams for years and years nothing new in that and its good for the club to blood young players in real time games and give them the feel of league football with something on it like points or cups games

oldham are doom for me and this season and will go down and if somebody can come in and help them good even if its linked to man city well what choice have they got the fans will want a better run club and stable and then can build to challenge to get back up and have a target of championship football in the next 5 years forget premier league it never going to happen and that's why its good for oldham they can be the level they really are and build up the fan base
Again, I think you're missing the point.

We would happily have the odd loan from City or whichever other PL club, providing they're good enough. Scapuzzi, Mancini, Rusnak, Plummer et al were absolute shite.

With the greatest respect, we don't give a fuck what is best for City EDS either, and we certainly don't want to be a City plaything for us to house your EDS players in the hope (for you) that they turn from boys to men and are better equipped for the PL for it. There's a difference between the odd loan player, and the 5 or 6 (or more) like you've got over at Girona.

People have been saying we're doomed for donkeys years now, yet 20 years later we still find ourselves in L1 and with much worse teams than we have now.

Yes, it may look almost impossible we won't get to the PL ever again, even the Championship looks far away for us, but you see whilst that may the case and promotion is something we would absolutely welcome, first and foremost we are Oldham Athletic fans, and if the soul of the club is taken away in place of becoming a pathway for City EDS players to prove themselves, it's no longer our Oldham Athletic.

The vast majority of us would see us fold and start against in the lower leagues, rather than become City's feeder club, because regardless of what you're trying to paint this potential link to be, that's exactly what we would be to City if this went ahead.

Again, I think you're missing the point.

We would happily have the odd loan from City or whichever other PL club, providing they're good enough. Scapuzzi, Mancini, Rusnak, Plummer et al were absolute shite.

With the greatest respect, we don't give a fuck what is best for City EDS either, and we certainly don't want to be a City plaything for us to house your EDS players in the hope (for you) that they turn from boys to men and are better equipped for the PL for it. There's a difference between the odd loan player, and the 5 or 6 (or more) like you've got over at Girona.

People have been saying we're doomed for donkeys years now, yet 20 years later we still find ourselves in L1 and with much worse teams than we have now.

Yes, it may look almost impossible we won't get to the PL ever again, even the Championship looks far away for us, but you see whilst that may the case and promotion is something we would absolutely welcome, first and foremost we are Oldham Athletic fans, and if the soul of the club is taken away in place of becoming a pathway for City EDS players to prove themselves, it's no longer our Oldham Athletic.

The vast majority of us would see us fold and start against in the lower leagues, rather than become City's feeder club, because regardless of what you're trying to paint this potential link to be, that's exactly what we would be to City if this went ahead.

that's why you will be non league club in the next 5 years or sooner

your own town people don't want to know your fan base is under 5000 and not got a pot to piss in and your happy to go under and start again haha
FCUM are a bigger club and only about 10 years old and salford city are a bigger club you want to be fighting them in non league football then just look at stockport and mac/town they have gone for good and never to return

get real man its not a name change its just a little help and money input why would you turn down free players that are better than anything you can sign and you don't even have to pay a wage for them also build a link to one of the riches club in the world and something may just rub off and something happen

if there is a offer on the table and it is from somebody with links to manchester city you would not really have a choice the club owners would take it in a flash

that's why you will be non league club in the next 5 years or sooner

your own town people don't want to know your fan base is under 5000 and not got a pot to piss in and your happy to go under and start again haha
FCUM are a bigger club and only about 10 years old and salford city are a bigger club you want to be fighting them in non league football then just look at stockport and mac/town they have gone for good and never to return

get real man its not a name change its just a little help and money input why would you turn down free players that are better than anything you can sign and you don't even have to pay a wage for them also build a link to one of the riches club in the world and something may just rub off and something happen

if there is a offer on the table and it is from somebody with links to manchester city you would not really have a choice the club owners would take it in a flash
How are fc united a bigger club when their almost bankrup and probably gonna get relegated from the conferance north?

Either way if oldham did become our 'b team' their fans would protest and set up a new club in the lower divisions which is why that and b teams wont happen.

Not sure why your so certain they'll topple down the divisions. Unlike the sides youve mentioned like stockport and salford, Oldham are a pretty big club historically and have a strong if small local fanbase. Theyve have had a bad start this season but the fans seem to have a strong bond with sheridan. They always manage to find a way to stay up.

How are fc united a bigger club when their almost bankrup and probably gonna get relegated from the conferance north?

Either way if oldham did become our 'b team' their fans would protest and set up a new club in the lower divisions which is why that and b teams wont happen.

Not sure why your so certain they'll topple down the divisions. Unlike the sides youve mentioned like stockport and salford, Oldham are a pretty big club historically and have a strong if small local fanbase. Theyve have had a bad start this season but the fans seem to have a strong bond with sheridan. They always manage to find a way to stay up.

its not really worth me going on about the good it would be for oldham to have new owners with links to man city the fans don't get it and never will so let them moan and when it goes tits up again and then ask for help it will to late and they will be gone

like it or not football is now a small group of clubs in the premier league that everybody hates and watches there games in hope they lose to stoke or WBA football fans stay at home or go to the pub and watch games on skysports or btsports nobody really give a shit about the lower leagues club that there town people don't turn up oldham population is 224,900 and only 3 to 4 thousand turn up to watch there football team why is that you may ask i can tall you why manchester city are on skysports tv and you hate watching oldham more than hoping man city lose each week

its not really worth me going on about the good it would be for oldham to have new owners with links to man city the fans don't get it and never will so let them moan and when it goes tits up again and then ask for help it will to late and they will be gone

like it or not football is now a small group of clubs in the premier league that everybody hates and watches there games in hope they lose to stoke or WBA football fans stay at home or go to the pub and watch games on skysports or btsports nobody really give a shit about the lower leagues club that there town people don't turn up oldham population is 224,900 and only 3 to 4 thousand turn up to watch there football team why is that you may ask i can tall you why manchester city are on skysports tv and you hate watching oldham more than hoping man city lose each week
You have a strange outlook on football. Was less than two decades ago we were in the same division as oldham.

I don't think I can take you seriously.

I don't understand how this would benefit City... and that's all I'm bothered about

Oldham fans took great pleasure in watching us struggle in the 90's, and still sing about us these days, so I'm not keen on us giving them a helping hand

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.