Omar Berrada to the rags | TLDR: They want to be us.

What's the current stance?
A massive coincidence and who wouldn't blame a man for wanting to better himself from COO to CEO midway through a season, just after last week's select Committee, the Everton and Forest charges and the mystery date.
Actually, after watching the video of him and A .Another, probably a scintilla of frustration. Reminded me of my Dad and me discussing the price of designer clothes.

Good luck to him.

Last edited:
The gardening leave interests me how it is enforced.

Essentially we would still be paying him in full & any potential commission or bonus due in this period but you’d imagine the Rags would better or equal that to get him started.

Benefit for us is slowing him down & controlling what he knows but what’s in it for him & the Rags to agree?

If he’s working for us he can’t do any work for the Rags but there’s no way he can’t plan or consider anything until summer as that’s the Summer missed.
It would be in his contract that City can enforce this six month break if they so choose. Utd or Berrarda would have no ability not to agree. Of course he can plan whatever he wants for his new job while at home on his own but he can't communicate those plans to his new employer or talk to any of his contacts on their behalf (unless he wants to risk being sued by City if/when they found out, which presumably he would rather avoid).

I reported into a COO who became the CEO & as far as I’m concerned fucked it up. I moved on, they’ve lasted but missed budget every year since & Im shocked they have still survived but I reckon there’s 6 months left at the most.
agreed, from my experience I see them at two completely different roles and skillsets. A CEO sets a strategy to meet demands from the stakeholders/shareholders, a COO will execute and operationalize said strategy. It's a big step up from executing to setting up a strategy.

Came across this write up about Tebas. If we didn’t know he wasn’t a crook before well we do now.

Few extracts:

LaLiga president Javier Tebas admits he has “denounced” Manchester City to UEFA and is now keenly observing whether an independent panel will find the club guilty following 115 charges for breaches of the Premier League’s Profit and Sustainability Rules.

There is no denying there have been many irregularities,” said Tebas, speaking to Caught Offside in Saudi Arabia where he is visiting for the Club World Cup which Manchester City are favourites to win. “We already denounced these to UEFA. We don’t yet know what the decision from the Premier League’s case against the club will be, but Manchester City were already sanctioned by UEFA once, yet due to a formal defect they appealed at CAS.

Tebas is currently in Jeddah and working closely with Saudi authorities. LaLiga recently announced Visit Saudi as a partner and they are exploring opening a new Saudi office in 2024.

Yet back in 2020 Tebas told reporters in London that Saudi’s sports project is “whitewashing” and accused the government of being part of the pirate network channel ‘beoutQ’, which stole LaLiga games along with other high-profile sports rights from Qatari broadcaster beIN Sports.

I said that [Saudi Arabia was using sport to ‘whitewash’] three years ago in London and back then I didn’t know enough about Saudi Arabia and their plans,” he said. “Now, I have changed my mind and seen great progress in Saudi. I have changed my mind generally about Saudi because the country has been changing a lot. It’s more open now and it would be a huge error not to change my opinion about Saudi as a result”

“I would accept a job to be the Saudi Pro League president!” Lol

Corrupt wanker.
When the corrupt accuse us of corruption, it just warms my heart

Something niggling in the back of my mind and I hope I'm wrong. What if this Berrada bloke has gone full on rogue? Promised a top job at the rags and immunity in return for giving evidence against us at our hearing? I wouldn't put nothing past the wankers in their quest to stop us.

How could he give evidence against us when he would've been at the heart of the supposed wrongdoing?

what's he gonna do dob himself in?!

I reported into a COO who became the CEO & as far as I’m concerned fucked it up. I moved on, they’ve lasted but missed budget every year since & Im shocked they have still survived but I reckon there’s 6 months left at the most.
I reckon the rags prob have at least 12 months left

How could he give evidence against us when he would've been at the heart of the supposed wrongdoing?

what's he gonna do dob himself in?!
Movies have a lot to answer for. Turning King’s Evidence is possible, but I can’t find an example of it since the IRA days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.