Open arms for new fans !

We need as many fans as we can get - in all shapes and sizes and nationalities - if we've seriously got the likes of Madrid or Barcelona in our sights.

And yes, I know the current 47,000 were all crammed in the away-end at York back in '98, but surely there's room for a few more to be rooting for us, whether it's from armchairs or wherever ?

moomba said:
In that case I apologise, I mistakenly thought you were referring to out of town supporters, when clearly you don't want us to have any new supporters at all.

Can't wait to see how that works out for us in 30 years time.

I don't want us to become like the scum. Is that clear enough?

I been a lifelong city fan ever since born when they last won the title (Convinced my time will be up when we win it next)

My whole family are city fans, we followed them mainly through the maine road years but still go and deffo watch them every week.

Anyway, joined this forum a few weeks ago and one of the first comments was aimed at me 'suddenly' becoming a city fan.. wtf bollox tbh.... Even if I was some asian kid who suddenly turned city supporter then that is exactly what this clubs needs if we are going to be as big as utd.

For all those luddite purists... Do you really think we will become a global force without a global following? Or do you want us to remain a mediocre team so you can keep it pure?

Soz, quite peed off at this cos we shouldnt treat new supporters like that.

mackenzie said:
moomba said:
In that case I apologise, I mistakenly thought you were referring to out of town supporters, when clearly you don't want us to have any new supporters at all.

Can't wait to see how that works out for us in 30 years time.

No-one does.

First step is to make sure we continue to be a welcoming, good natured, inclusive fanbase rather than a bunch of self important elitists with a sense of entitlement and an idea of who does and who doesnt deserve to support the club.

Most humanoids who support other clubs are man city fans now, I certainly am, good luck at st James's. Apart from stoke, can't think of a club I'd rather watch rack up 20 league titles over the news few decades!

Mind you, your ruining football don't forget ;-)

It is inevitable new supporters will come on board because of our new found success, you saw this on the Manchester City facebook page the day Dzeko signed the place was swamped with foreigners proclaiming their new elegance to the club.

I am the only City supporter in my workplace yet there are 4 united fans and 2 Liverpool fans and a Newcastle supporter, I hate it when we are referred to as a small club and would love it if we had as many or more fans as they have throughout the world.

Max_Headroom said:

It is inevitable new supporters will come on board because of our new found success, you saw this on the Manchester City facebook page the day Dzeko signed the place was swamped with foreigners proclaiming their new elegance to the club.

I am the only City supporter in my workplace yet there are 4 united fans and 2 Liverpool fans and a Newcastle supporter, I hate it when we are referred to as a small club and would love it if we had as many or more fans as they have throughout the world.

Nobody in their right mind would call Manchester City a small club.

Where are all the people on this thread advocating being hostile to 'tourists' or people who choose to latch on to a successful club, despite no connection with the place?

Because there are numerous posts complaining about this and how people are not 'welcoming' to these people. But I have never seen a) anyone advocating ruining these people's day out at City or making them feel uncomfortable or b) more importantly, ever seen anything remotely like that occurring at a match.

Yet, because there isn't a consensus of opinion, with everyone chiming along with the same "it is wonderful that you want to latch on to City, I totally respect that mindset" line it is painted as some sort of real life hostility.

And, just as laughably, the Bluemoon business gurus are giving lessons on why not understanding the mindset that causes people to latch on to clubs, is akin to sabotaging the club's development blueprint and not knowing how economics work. As if realising that lots of shirt sales is beneficial to a club is some sort of superb, mind blowing insight that is in any way related to a debate about what motivates someone to claim to 'support' a club.

90% of the posts on this thread have descended into nonsense, emotive cliches basically declaring that unless you understand and laud why people want to claim to be part of an unrelated sporting entity you are a) a **** and b) economically illiterate.

Just questioning the mindset and not necessarily finding it to be particularly appealing is a sin and holding the club back - regardless of such a debate have zero impact on anyone and the club's future.<br /><br />-- Thu May 03, 2012 5:21 pm --<br /><br />
moomba said:
FWIW, the level of passion and commitment I have for the teams I support has nothing to do with their location, or my location.

What makes City, presumably, particularly high ranking on the list of levels of commitment amongst the teams you support then?

It is totally unrelated to the fact that you regularly get to see them and live in the locality?

You could quite easily get as 'in to' Grampus 8's results if the whim took you then?

I think I agree with JMA.

I think it's a little off for someone to declare themselves Buddhist on the basis that shaven heads and morbid obesity are "all the rage down our way."

At this stage two pair of eyes have met across a crowded room, and one person has a stiffy. Nothing more. Certainly not silver wedding anniversary stuff.

Stop with the professional non-rag routine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.